How does your characters express their emotions?

Go on tell me how your characters express their emotions in the story?

Do they hide their emotions? Do they reveal them all at once? Do they even show it at all?

What does your character do when it comes to their emotions?

Lend me your thoughts!

2 Likes

My characters are either very expressive or very non-expressive.

2 Likes

Mine kinda hides it

2 Likes

WHy?

1 Like

He is Introvert & he also getting bullied back on high school.

2 Likes

Mine is just Autistic.

1 Like

Wow, hahaha. Interesting

2 Likes

My main character, Nicolas, tries not to show how he is feeling to anyone except those really, really close to him. And even then, he still hides a lot of it. Emotions aren’t his forte; with his family gone and his military background, he believes that it’s better to leave his emotions behind closed doors in the dark. He doesn’t like having people know what he’s feeling because he’s honestly a very vulnerable person, especially since his emotions do drive the story. But he wishes it wasn’t that complicated.

If he’s feeling really vulnerable, insecure, anxious, or depressed, he will hide in his office or anywhere without anyone else around and cry it out or throw a tantrum of sorts. Or just sit there and stare off into space. If he’s feeling angry, he’ll express it and do so in a not so joyful way.

2 Likes

What are those :joy: half my characters don’t have tay many, and one has none. Like, zero.

But the ones that do have it are usually strong in one of them only.

and then there’s poetry

1 Like

I think that I’m a very emotional person, so the ways they experience it is sort of unique? Anyway, here goes.

Erin: Pretty emotional, though all of her negative emotions (i.e. sadness, embarrassment, guilt, etc.) usually come out angry. So, she expresses herself very aggressively, and uses anger as a defense mechanism to hide her true feelings from others and herself.

Jared: Also pretty emotional, like me, he has anxiety disorder so it can be pretty hard when his feelings become overwhelming, and he’s sort of forced into feeling them… in front of people. For the most part, Jared is a very private person, so whatever emotion is displayed on his face is usually the one he’s NOT feeling.

Andreas: Pretty frivolous and deceitful (for his own entertainment) as far as people go, probably the most well adjusted (emotionally) then any of my other main characters, but as the story progresses poor guy goes THROUGH it. Mostly, Andreas expresses his emotions healthily (with good communication) but his tendency to not take things seriously, and sort of let things go easier than other people can become unsettling or frustrating to many of his close friends/family.

1 Like