How often do tag rankings refresh?

You can apply for Ambassadors’ lists. For the ones that show up as swim lanes on the front page, you have to be selected.

1 Like

Oh! Cool trick. I’m gonna try if it ever freezes again. :smiley:
Thanks, Domi :purple_heart:

True. I still love writing stories and that’s what matter for me.
You’re awesome! Thank you so much for everything :purple_heart:

1 Like

If it’s not too much trouble, would you share the link to that, please?

1 Like

Try looking in this book:

or just search for Ambassadors and flip to profiles. That way you could see how many people follows each.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like

Back in 2013-15, there was a gentleman by the name of Michael Limjoco, and he did a lot of work talking about the ranking system, and he even interviewed Ivan Yuen from Wattpad in it:

Yes, a lot of the stuff in this is outdated, but some of it still applies now, but in a different way.

The only thing that I can think of is to:

A) Keep writing (obviously) and updating once a week.
B) Entering contests.
C) Promoting your work on other websites.
D) Posting your story here if it fits looking for stories.
E) Make sure your story tags are relevant to the story.

A lot of people start off slow. I’ve been on WP since 2013, and I am still growing slowly because I write a lot of experimental things. I’m not a Most Popular writer by any means.

Np, Emilia :slight_smile:

Edit; found this too -

Thanks! These are good tips. I’m already doing most of them, but I guess I better try harder.

Cool. Thanks :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It will pay off, I hope lol

This is an old video but lemme know if you still get anything from it.

1 Like

Another lovely thing about tags, is that in popular tags, more often than not, your book show the tag on your profile, but if you click on the list of books with this tag… it’s some other book, and yours is nowhere near. So, lol…

1 Like

Wattpad used to be simple, but now it’s about :money_mouth_face: and nothing else. Allen Lau was anti-corp until about four years ago and something happened. Maybe he sold out? Maybe the systems in Wattpad (i.e. tagging) became too much with too many stories, and he couldn’t manage it anymore?

I’m thinking in a way that the tags don’t function correctly all the time because there’s too much data going into the system, and too many tags being created?

1 Like

Yes, that’s pretty much it. Too many stories compete for the same slot. The old ranking is simply impossible to do nowadays and keep it fair, because there are like thousands-upon-thousands of books fighting for the same few genre tags.

Even if you luck out in a tag, even if Wattpad puts it on the front page in a banner, and your book is not delivering the goods that attract people about that tag… they won’t read your book.

For example, Lone Werewolf pretend-ranked 30 in pop-star. The book is not there. And, I don’t regret it, because while the tag is correct–the love interest is a pop-star and some plot points relate to it–the book is not about the lives of pop-stars. Ranking in that tag will do nothing for the book.

Honestly, even if it ranked in Werewolf #1, it would do little for it, because despite the main guy being a werewolf, most people don’t go to werewolves to read a story like what I have written. They look for abducted Omega who turns to be Luna to a Possessive Alpha or a small spin on that.

So, promo or ranking for Lone Werewolf is… useless.

2 Likes

I don’t think that happened to me yet :open_mouth:

Before Wattpad, I had no idea what any of these terms mean XD
What happened to the old lycan/werewolves? I liked them. They were cool and scary.

Edit: like Teen Wolf kinda werewolves, what do they call them now?

2 Likes

It’s all werewolves, all out there.

1 Like