how we feeling about HOTD?

ok so i can’t watch it :sneezing_face::sneezing_face: but i’ve been reading asoiaf for a while (and my parents r like. huge ass fans of the series) so people who r watching it rn… how we feeling

3 Likes

Is that House of the dragon?

If so, then I want to watch just to see if they can makeup for the last seasons of GoT.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m willing to be it won’t be half as good as people hope, but I am willing to be proven wrong. Forgive me if I lack faith in big-budget francise tv shows lately.

2 Likes

I really want to watch it, but part of me also doesnt want to. I was so so disappointed in the last couple of seasons of GOT. Part of me hates the thought of watching or having anything to do with Martin because a) I hate his laziness in writing b) GOT disappointed the hell of out me.

I do however have an interest in the GOT world so it does pique my interest, and I also want to see if it’ll make up for the last 2 seasons.

But we don’t subscribe to Sky in the UK and the streaming service they put it on costs ridiculous amounts of money for one show so we’ll probably wait. (funny how the streaming service usually offers £1 a month when you havent subbed in a while, but all the deals are now gone because the HOTD is out… funny that!)

4 Likes

Defs gonna watch it when I get the chance

2 Likes

I am glad Martin made it, but I’m not chasing after another slap-together made-for-TV from his world-setting notes. He is a magnificent writer when he puts heart into it and I want to read his writing at its best only. The ASOIF serialization where they ran out of books was pale.

4 Likes

I’m sooo gonna watch it!

2 Likes

Would rather lie in a rub of electric eels than watch it.

3 Likes

I’m still just patiently waiting for him to finish writing ASOIAF…

I could take or leave the new TV show after the nonsense of the last couple of GOT series, but if my partner insists on watching it, I’ll watch it too! I’m sure it will be entertaining.

2 Likes