How's your reading and or writing going?

My writing’s hit a complete stand-still. Haven’t been able to finish a chapter in months. 50-hour work weeks plus ten hours of commuting every week on top of that is draining. I don’t have any energy for writing anymore.

Reading’s going great though! I’m halfway through the Court of Roses and Thorns series and I’ve got a big stack of other books to read afterward. So I think I’m just going to forget about writing and only focusing on reading for the next few months.

2 Likes

I need a beta reader for one of my books. Need to start pre writing my next one as well as write down my other plots so I don’t forget :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read books and I am writing chapter 11

it has flatline since i start summer school on monday.

My reading list extensively includes textbooks because we’re in the middle of finals, haha. Festival is also approaching. It’s a bummer that I can’t enjoy the festival because of studies. Honestly, things are going a bit south.

As for writing, I haven’t properly written anything in a long time. I usually write short stories with dynamics that I think are successful, but even with ideas, I don’t feel that motivated. Thought I’d try to interact with someone, maybe that’d help me write. Soo hey. How is everyone here?

I’m switching my view to the other characters in my story in Chapter 11. I want to show you what happens while the doctor is at work.

1 Like

I feel this. This is exactly me. I have one in the beta reading form but it’s hard to find a good beta reader. I have ideas too and while it is busy for me as I have 3 kids and about to have a hectic schedule I’d love to start fleshing out a story to write. Motivation is hard too. I’ve found sprints help but that only really works if you’re on the writing portion not the prewriting portion

1 Like

That sounds stressful. I couldn’t even write while babysitting my cousin for a few weeks, can’t imagine that.
How would you get a beta reader though? Like, d’you have a process or something like that?

I’ve tried sprints a few times and they did help but sometimes I just blank out. I remember I’d have a routine to write every night, like, a few short years ago. Before going to sleep, I’d write something even if it was one single sentence. That built up as a habit and helped. So maybe try coupling writing with another routine to make it a habit. Motivation is not enough to write.

1 Like

Yes I love writing a couple sentences before bed because sometimes you get super inspired and end up writing a whole chapter

I have never had a beta reader before that’s my issue lol. And we’ll I’ll probably just write at night or during nap times ! That’s usually my best time. Also I’ll have one day a week where they are all at daycare or school so that time will open up for me to write as well

13 chapters are written and 8 chapters are posted. Part 1 of my book is complete. The next chapter starts with part 2.