I don't start a story unless I have a title. Seriously, I do not.

I’m the same way. I need a title before I start the story. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I always have either a temporary title or a title. My Semper Fidelis trilogy has most of the titles done but I’m considering changing the last one. How it’s looking so far;

1. Stay Frosty
  2. Mayday, Mayday
  3. Call Of Duty (this title will most likely change).

Stay Frosty I’m currently posting right now on AO3 but I will start posting on Wattpad and Inkitt once I’ve the book cover. The Dark Pictures: Houses Of Ashes, it’s a fanfic of that fandom. Should be ca 27-30 chapters when it’s done. I’m thinking it will probably end with a 43K word count (Stay Frosty). I usually plan almost all titles of a series in advance, less work that way and I can focus on the story.

2 Likes

Same here!

Although I have begun with temporary titles…and some of them stuck for YEARS until I started editing the story and began to really understand what it was about.

Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound is actually a fairly new title. First, I called it The Scepter of Tamido for YEARS before changing it to The Choice of Aurvandil. Then I had that title for a while and changed that last year. But the title change was only after editing and re-figuring out my story.

Also, temporary doesn’t mean I call it Project Something. I can’t do that. I feel unsettled :sweat_smile: One of my WIPs is Princesses of Atlia…but now I’m beginning to realize it’s not about princesses anymore. So, now the story is on hold :stuck_out_tongue: I’m calling each book by character name now. For now.

I also have this story I’m calling The Last of Lionkind, but since it’s an Elgana story, I want it to follow the Elgana books format, but for now, I kinda like it, so it stays :wink:

2 Likes

The four word contrasting titles?
Lion’s End
And two others that have more to do with the story?

Lion’s End
Starts Life

Something like that, lol.

1 Like

Yeah, like
Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound
Lone Gold, Daring Purple
Paws Chase Murder Case (this is the only one that’s a sentence, so far)
Storm Heart, Fire Soul

lol maybe XD I definitely don’t want to use Lion Heart because that’s too reminiscent of a Warriors character.

I really have no idea for the title right now, and in no rush. Not even looking to write it any time soon. I haven’t even discovered what kind of magick MC has yet.

But on the other hand, I don’t mind breaking the pattern either :wink: Maybe, as long as it’s four words, it’s okay.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.