I feel nothing as I read this. What about you?

Why do you hate it? My reasons for hating it may be different from yours.

1 Like

itā€™s just
bleh

1 Like

I donā€™t mean to annoy you but why? Is it the prose, the pacing, the characters, the concept?

If a friend wrote this story and asked for your thoughts on it, how would you react?

1 Like

@NotARussianBot is Google Forms :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I always want to hear why people react to certain types of media the way that they do.

1 Like

Quality irrelevant, why are you talking shit about someoneā€™s story they wrote for fun?

1 Like

Because they are working to be a published author. They go on Twitter and complain about getting rejected.

1 Like

And try to blackmail people into publishing them.

1 Like

So I donā€™t feel any shame in critiquing a short story they wrote for fun. They are a vile individual.

1 Like

Same they want it.

1 Like

Then critique their character, donā€™t just teabag their writing like a couple of preteen bullies. Youā€™re ignoring the real issues in favor of crying cringe, and it makes you look cringe.

1 Like

Why do you feel so offended? We never used the word cringe once.

Yeah, because you have to literally use the word ā€˜cringeā€™ for that to be what youā€™re doing.
Why are you so offended by a trans man writing a short story for fun that you have to drag it to a public writing forum and string it up for unwanted critique?

1 Like

Why are you offended that a user in a public forum is critiquing a public work. Is it a crime now?

Your defensiveness makes no sense to me. Iā€™m just critiquing a bad story. If the author has a problem he can come and talk to me.

Hold up, when was Tans brought up? I donā€™t remember seeing that anywhere, donā€™t mean itā€™s not there.

If itā€™s bad, being Trans donā€™t excuse it. If itā€™s good, being Trans doesnā€™t augment it. Forcing things based upon someoneā€™s orientation or gender is the dumpsterfire way of ensuring people associate their intense emotions on the ā€œmasterpieceā€ with the identityā€¦

3 Likes

I cannot understand why you are so upset. You can call me whatever names you like but I donā€™t see what I did wrong.

They mentioned it at the end and now identity politics is being used to make us feel bad. But I donā€™t feel bad, so Iā€™m still going to talk about it.

JK Rowling has opinions that has colored her work. Conversely, people who are on the fence who like her books may be more favorable to her views. It is very muddy ground to add someoneā€™s personal life to their writing, is all.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/PQHPYelqr0E?t=44

1 Like