I just upped my salad game! LOL!

Normally, my salads aren’t that special, but now I am trying new ways to make my salad pretty and taste great for me.

I just made a salad not too long ago and holy hell did it taste so good.

I am proud, but probably should brag so much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, I hate when I try a new idea and like/love it then regret that I haven’t tried it sooner. Man, that sucks!

I shall show pictures later so you can get an idea of what I mean.
My love for salads has returned! I am super happy to experiment so more!

What about you all? It doesn’t have to be salads either, it can be other foods or something else entirely.

4 Likes

Here are my specialty salads:

YUMMY, HUH?!

4 Likes

I love trying new things, especially when it turns out really good (because, like you, I also am like “why didn’t I do this sooner?” lol. My only problem, specifically when it comes to cooking, is following recipes. I loathe following recipes… just because of measuring stuff. I don’t want to measure, and usually I don’t when I know what I’m doing, but when it comes to new food… I measure the hell out of everything. :rofl:

Last night was one of those nights. I made honey garlic chicken and it was delicious! I followed this recipe—which it actually isn’t that bad nor is there a lot of ingredients—and then I had a side of baked squash and zucchini (salt, pepper, drizzle of avocado oil).

4 Likes

I hate measuring too! Maybe it is because I don’t know if I am doing it right or something, but yeah I dislike it as well.

Honey garlic chicken sounds so good!

2 Likes

This has been my specialty salad:

Lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, salt, pepper, avocado oil, and a pepperchini (I like to squeeze the juices out). The salads I typically have always need ranch and it actually hasn’t been that healthy for me anyway, so I’m glad I found a combination of veggies to make it yummy again.

Also, yours looks amazing as well! What’s your ingredients?

I think that’s the same for me, too. I’ve made things by measuring stuff and I either put too much in or not enough in and it makes it bad.

4 Likes

Depends on what day and what I’m doing. I figured out that I’m more of a prep cook: which is why I fine-dice meats and veggies for stuffing. Like today? Mushrooms, chicken, potatoes, celery, mustard greens, onions, cream cheese and cheddar for stuffed mushrooms and egg roll wraps.

3 Likes

Turkey deli meat sliced up.
Boiled eggs cut up (in one of the pictures).
Shredded cheddar cheese.
Of course lettuce and tomato.
House Italian Dressing.
Some sprinkle of salt and pepper.

When it comes to buying salads from restaurants of other local eateries, I normally get Anti-pasto salads or chicken ceasar salads.
I don’t like too much in my salads. LOL!

3 Likes

When you say prep cook, you are saying in a sense that you prepare the ingredients and stuff before you decide to make the dish or you have a slight idea of what you want to do so you prepare ahead of time?

Forgive me if I misunderstand!

Do you have any pictures of your dish? I am curious to know what it looks like or is it similar to another dish.

I really hate that. Well, it happens to the best of us I suppose!
LOL!

Sometimes both.

1 Like

Ah, okay! I thought I misunderstood a bit!
LOL! :sweat_smile:

Cajuns improvise. But we also have a long list of meals we can prepare.

Like I haven’t had a Creole in years and it’s really w cold-weather hot dish, not something I can eat daily.

1 Like

Oh cool! You just taught me something.
LOL! :grin:

Another thing I would like to add is that I could make my version of an anti-pasto salad with sliced up salami, turkey, provolone, some lettuce and tomato, and of course the house Italian dressing.

That will be something to do next time to spice up my salads.