I love love LOVE my cover. But...

Hey everyone, our site wizard made an AMAZINGLY beautiful cover for my book and I love it SO much. However, the problem might be, that one of the people on my cover is taken from a popular game (Assassins Creed). Seeing as my novel is an original story and not fanfiction I sometimes think it does come across like it is.

I am not sure yet if I will definitely change it, but I’d love to see some other covers that you amazing artists come up with! If not as a cover, I might use them for artwork or something when I post new chapters.

I am willing to provide payment in form of a credit on any platform I’d be using it. And also reading (maximum) two chapters and provide both with a review.

If anyone is interested please feel free and let me know what info you need to make them.

My story is set in Iran/Persia in the 11th Century at Alamut castle.

I have two MC’s;

• Diran is a Master Assassin, age 23, cool, calm, collected, brave, handsome (dark hair long enough to brush fingers through, dark brown eyes, and a naturally muscled body)

• Lusia is an Egyptian belly dancer, age 21, with long dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. She’s sensual, sexy, and mysterious.

The genre is historical romance.

It’s about an assassin who falls in love with this girl who turns out to be not all that she seems. In the end, Diran has to make a choice between vengeance or love. (For vengeance and love is a quote that may be used on the cover.)

The cover I’m using now is this one, and it is pretty much all I was looking for, but I’m open to different ideas :slight_smile: :

The Story doesn’t have to have people on it, as long as it portrays, 11th-century assassins, a beautiful sensual woman, and love.

Thanks in advance, I hope someone wants to give it a try :slight_smile:

EDIT: It does NOT have to be a cover with two people on it. It could be something else entirely :smiley:

1 Like

I can make an illustrated cover.

1 Like

Do you want to give it a try?
I saw you read my chapters so you have an idea of the story as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It sounded intriguing, so I might as well have.

1 Like

I hope I didn’t dissapoint your expectations. I’m working on chapter four as we speak.

1 Like

I made this layout to get a hold of the composition:

1 Like

Oh okay, you’re still in progress :sweat_smile: for a moment I thought you were done.

I can see them holding each other which could work :slight_smile: They have a strong connection but also, Diran is the ‘protective’ type of guy.
I am curious to see more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, should he hold her closer to him?

1 Like

Yeah maybe. He would be like ‘she’s mine and you will back the hell up before I f*ck you up’
She’s just over the moon with him. Even though she’s keeping secrets and was definately not meant to fall inlove with him, she couldnt’ help but.

1 Like

The Sketch

1 Like

Well it makes me happy looking at it :smiley: Except maybe now she seems a bit TOO over the moon with him? :sweat_smile:
Maybe she can look at him a bit more seductive? Like ‘I love you…and I’m gonna show you just how much later.’

Diran looks pretty great though :smile:

1 Like

Is Lusia wearing makeup of any kind? Makeup has existed since ancient times, but I’m not sure what 11th century Persian makeup was like.

1 Like

Not not a lot. She’d have a type of mascara and eyeliner on and maybe some red lipstick. But not excesive.

1 Like

OK, just checking.

1 Like

The Ink

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest.
I LOVE it. Especially Diran, he’s captured perfectly :smile: :smile: :smile:
Lusia looks amazing for the most part, but…she seems a tad scared to me…? Could she maybe smile at him with her mouth closed or something? More like she’s thinking like ‘damn he looks good today.’
I don’t know if it’s possible still and I hate to comment on someone else’s work, but the other 99% I absolutely LOVE :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Or are you going to colour it in also and then her face could still look somewhat different? I don’t know it’s like I get it and I love the way you captured her, but yeah… the smile is a bit off to me for some reason?

1 Like

Better?

2 Likes

YES! :smiley: Thank you! That’s perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Is this the right skin tone for Lusia?

2 Likes

No she’s darker then that. She’s more bronze/golden brown. She’s Egyptian, if that helps.

Diran is a bit lighter then her, but darker dan this.

1 Like