I need more writer friends, come chat with me

Title sums it up. How are you guys doing? What projects are you working on? What was the most interesting thing that’s happened to you today?

11 Likes

I made apple cresents with cinnamon and brown sugar.

I’m working on a very ambitious and long fantasy romance that should probably be split into a series of short novellas.

I’m wondering if I should make a Hades and Persephone retelling of my own or abandon it in favor of more interesting mythological tales. Like The Mead of Poetry.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing

I love ambitious and long fantasy anything! What’s it about?

That is tough. Persephone and Hades is always fun, but it’s also always nice and refreshing to see something less popular. If you have concepts for both you could always do both?

3 Likes

Hiatus due to Hurricane Ida, close to done on 1 novel, about ready to pick that up again.
Assertive, full of suggestions, and sometimes funny. Do some “artwork” rarely. Mother of 3.

3 Likes

It’s a goddess’ reflection on her past, with a special focus on the relationship she has with her mentally ill husband. I’m not exaggerating, he is indeed mentally ill in a time before any illness was really understood.

I don’t really, but I can’t get over how everyone likes to dunk on Zeus while nobody brings up the story of The Mead of Poetry. It’s more obscure, but it’s insane the lengths Odin goes for knowledge. I think he’s the most insane god ever, possibly.

3 Likes

I hope you and your family are doing alright! What’s your novel about?

2 Likes

Aspiring author. Working on a superhero series with theater, mythology, and music. Also a fanfic writer.

2 Likes

That sounds really interesting. Is it posted anywhere?

Hmmm that does sound like there’s a lot of potential there to play with

2 Likes

Hello stranger :heart:

2 Likes

I put up a previous iteration on Wattpad if you really want to see it. I’m mostly working on outlining.

Is it blasphemous to write chapters out of order?

1 Like

Nahh, my current main WIP is a mess of disconnected chapters right now lol

1 Like

hiii! i’m good a little tired but have an apple crumble in the oven so I’m excited for that.

i write romance. finished 1 book recently, still working away on the other.

most… interesting… thing… mmm… guess I’ll have to wait for my apple crumble to be done cooking and I’ll say that :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, since I started looking into Wattpad last September, and read around 200 Werewolf romances, my headcannon can’t deal with the tropes being so without reason, so…it’s a ChosenOneTM that turns out wasn’t the focus, she isn’t unique, and I’m spending some time stripping her assumptions about herself from her, post-traditional story climax. I will have to do at least a slight rewrite of the beginning since I wing everything as I go.

Nothing like the finished novels and bits&bobs sitting on my computer, without being uploaded anywhere. lol Those are all over the place.

2 Likes

Norse Gods are great because there’s not a lot of expectation for them to be sexy or overly dramatic, unlike the Greek Gods. They actually have problems that aren’t soap opera level nonsense.

1 Like

Mmmm everyone is baking yummy things today

What are they about?

I think my most interesting thing was finding a binky my kid lost like 4 months ago so you have me beat :joy:

1 Like

Don’t get me started on the Aztec Gods. They may demand human sacrifices, but I respect them more than the Greek Gods.

1 Like

I made an apple cresent!!

Fall is the season for apple treats!

2 Likes

Oooh I love a twist on a trope

2 Likes

That’s fair. I feel like Norse mythology doesn’t get enough attention too. Everyone’s all about Greek

2 Likes

Norse Gods seem to prefer Elves and Jotuns over humans, so that’s probably why they aren’t as popular.

2 Likes