i. The Coder's Society

Added!

2 Likes

That design can work, you’re just using the wrong tags
(Replying to your post from the playground)

1 Like

Random thing I made ages ago:

You
are
important.

5 Likes

A thing I never used:

Fake Title

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque nisi mauris, porta a pharetra nec, ullamcorper eu tellus. Nullam non est ullamcorper, posuere odio id, commodo sem. Duis auctor eros quis massa sagittis fringilla. Cras suscipit scelerisque venenatis. Duis placerat commodo felis sit amet condimentum. Duis a elit non justo lacinia tincidunt non et nisi. Cras at nisl velit. Nulla eget faucibus est. Vivamus scelerisque ante nec sem gravida mattis. Maecenas efficitur est nec ex vulputate egestas.

✧ coded by astrophile ✧

3 Likes

If anyone has resources they want me to add, let me know! Though, the list is already super long, we could always use more.

4 Likes

BBCode should work for justify. I’ll check real quick.

3 Likes

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum pretium ipsum malesuada ante tempor sodales. Nulla facilisi. Curabitur pretium sagittis orci a aliquet. Quisque laoreet metus risus, sit amet dictum sem suscipit et. Vestibulum rutrum eleifend convallis. Suspendisse potenti. Aenean ullamcorper aliquam lacus, posuere euismod felis sollicitudin et.

[justify]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum pretium ipsum malesuada ante tempor sodales. Nulla facilisi. Curabitur pretium sagittis orci a aliquet. Quisque laoreet metus risus, sit amet dictum sem suscipit et. Vestibulum rutrum eleifend convallis. Suspendisse potenti. Aenean ullamcorper aliquam lacus, posuere euismod felis sollicitudin et.[/justify]

3 Likes

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum pretium ipsum malesuada ante tempor sodales. Nulla facilisi. Curabitur pretium sagittis orci a aliquet. Quisque laoreet metus risus, sit amet dictum sem suscipit et. Vestibulum rutrum eleifend convallis. Suspendisse potenti. Aenean ullamcorper aliquam lacus, posuere euismod felis sollicitudin et.

<span style="font-size: 16px; display: block; text-align: justify;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum pretium ipsum malesuada ante tempor sodales. Nulla facilisi. Curabitur pretium sagittis orci a aliquet. Quisque laoreet metus risus, sit amet dictum sem suscipit et. Vestibulum rutrum eleifend convallis. Suspendisse potenti. Aenean ullamcorper aliquam lacus, posuere euismod felis sollicitudin et.</span>

@dumplingbabe Okay, this works!

3 Likes

thank youuu!

2 Likes

oki well uh idk how to do any of the span coding stuff, but can I join?

2 Likes

Sure. Anyone can join.

You want to be added to the taglist?

3 Likes

yes please!

2 Likes

Added!

3 Likes

ooh can I be added too?

3 Likes

Added!

4 Likes

Couple of questions bc I’m a newb :joy::joy::

1. How do you adjust where the text goes, bc when I do the span thingy like this:

the text is out of the box thing. so like this:

2. how do you put text on images, like this:

3. how do you do borders like this:

4. how do you adjust where an image is like this:

aaannnnd that’s all (for now), I hope you aren’t too annoyed~!

4 Likes

thank you!!

3 Likes
  1. Are you trying to get the text to not be squished along the edges of the container?

That image you showed is probably a span in a span and then padding is probably involved, too.

1. You would use inline-css, specially this property:

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-image.asp

1. The white line around the words? Looks like they used inline-css and this property:
  1. That image is probably a background image for another span. Spans have a lot of power to them. (I’m not sure where to start with explaining but since you enrolled in my class, you’ll learn how to do it in a future assignment.)
5 Likes

okay thank you! I’m super excited for the class :3

2 Likes

I’m guessing the answer is no, but is there any way to make a child span centered in both mobile and desktop responsiveness? Whenever I try using margin with percents, the span squishes to one side.

3 Likes