i. The Coder's Society

Title Text

Nulla pellentesque, velit in pharetra pretium, sem nibh elementum nibh, quis aliquam dui ex sit amet lectus. Pellentesque placerat consectetur ligula ac lacinia. Phasellus elit eros, tempor nec orci eget, tristique condimentum purus. Suspendisse rutrum tempor ipsum ac luctus. Fusce dolor diam, volutpat vel porttitor eu, dignissim at purus. Aliquam neque nulla, aliquet a eros ut, iaculis euismod sapien. Nunc ultrices tortor vel velit molestie ullamcorper. Etiam nec lectus massa. Pellentesque venenatis venenatis pellentesque. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Sed dolor lorem, sollicitudin eu enim eu, commodo ornare tortor. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Vivamus maximus urna elementum nibh sagittis ornare. Quisque commodo id ante convallis placerat. Proin ut tristique enim, ut fermentum erat. Mauris a justo ante.

Ending Text

2 Likes

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla ullamcorper massa ac erat blandit, sed vulputate nibh sodales. Suspendisse potenti. Suspendisse vitae orci nulla. Vivamus hendrerit massa et risus viverra, sit amet pulvinar mi consectetur. Cras faucibus felis id varius aliquam. Etiam et augue fermentum, gravida nisi quis, dictum ligula. In scelerisque urna lacinia, blandit lectus sit amet, vulputate sem. Cras id elit blandit, sollicitudin nunc eget, aliquet nulla. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla ullamcorper massa ac erat blandit, sed vulputate nibh sodales. Suspendisse potenti. Suspendisse vitae orci nulla. Vivamus hendrerit massa et risus viverra, sit amet pulvinar mi consectetur. Cras faucibus felis id varius aliquam. Etiam et augue fermentum, gravida nisi quis, dictum ligula. In scelerisque urna lacinia, blandit lectus sit amet, vulputate sem. Cras id elit blandit, sollicitudin nunc eget, aliquet nulla.

2 Likes

<span style="font-size:; display: flex; justify-content: space-around; align-items: center;"> <span style="font-size:; display: inline-block; border: 2px solid red; width: 75px; height: 75px;">&nbsp;</span> <span style="font-size:; display: inline-block; border: 2px solid green; width: 75px; height: 75px;">&nbsp;</span> <span style="font-size:; display: inline-block; border: 2px solid blue; width: 75px; height: 75px;">&nbsp;</span> </span>

Further reading:

2 Likes

One of my favorites:

clicky

The Repository Something big is coming… something that will require us all to work together… something that will make us question the fabric of reality… are you ready to begin?   Want to contribute? Use your discretion when adding new information to the wikis below. Try to think of what might be most useful as we build up our theories. Things like links, maps, and theory charts are always useful to include!

✧ coded by astrophile ✧

3 Likes

The classic red and blue gradient with purple in the middle.

<span style="font-size:; display: block; text-align: center; padding: 5px; border: 10px solid; border-image-source: linear-gradient(45deg, rgb(255,0,0), rgb(0,0,255)); border-image-slice: 1;">The classic red and blue gradient with purple in the middle.</span>

2 Likes

Tutorial

If you are unable to read the whole thing, please scroll.

If you’ve ever shared a link on this forum, you’ve no doubt witnessed the annoyance of those pesky “link numbers”. Well, today, I will show you how to make them completely vanish! :sparkles:

1) Add the link inside your text using the anchor (<a>) tag.

1a) (optional) Ask someone or use an alt to click on the link to make the link number appear.

<a href="https://www.google.com/">This is an example.</a>

2) Add an outer span with a background-color around your text.

<span style="font-size:; background-color: red;"><a href="https://www.google.com/">This is an example.</a></span>

3) Specify width until your text touches the right edge of the box.

3a) In order to specify width, don’t forget to add in display: block!

<span style="font-size:; background-color: red; display: block; width: 121px;"><a href="https://www.google.com/">This is an example.</a></span>

4) Add white-space: nowrap to your inline css.

4a) The white-space property specifies how white space is treated in code.

4b) Refer to this page for more details on how it works and to test it out.

<span style="font-size:; background-color: red; display: block; width: 121px; white-space: nowrap;"><a href="https://www.google.com/">This is an example.</a></span>

5) Add overflow: hidden to your inline css.

<span style="font-size:; background-color: red; display: block; width: 121px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;"><a href="https://www.google.com/">This is an example.</a></span>

6) Now that the link number is gone, you can remove the background-color!

<span style="font-size:; display: block; width: 121px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;"><a href="https://www.google.com/">This is an example.</a></span>

And, just like that, we were able to hide the link number! :sparkles:

5 Likes

links➞ a
➞ b
➞ c
➞ d
➞ e
➞ f
➞ g
welcomeLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec eu nunc ac urna egestas pharetra. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Ut ornare diam non sapien condimentum pretium. Morbi vestibulum magna ut nulla pharetra luctus quis quis leo. Nam et ullamcorper sapien, vel euismod lacus. Praesent cursus massa in erat porta, et varius risus cursus. Fusce et bibendum sapien, vel pretium erat. Pellentesque pulvinar nibh vel justo ornare, ullamcorper dapibus nunc dictum. Mauris ut lorem ante. Proin tristique enim ut lectus volutpat maximus. Duis sed nisi erat. Integer at diam ipsum. Morbi imperdiet purus quis purus rutrum, id dictum mi tempor.

✧ coded by astrophile ✧

3 Likes

This is my current test run, of sorts. Colours to be changed later

Publishing Resources Are you an aspiring author looking for resources to get your foot into the door of the publishing world? Or just a writer curious about what options there are to make money off of your work? Either way, this is the place to learn about the possibilities you have with making money from writing. Here, you can find information about the querying process, finding reliable services for self-pubbing, promoting your book, online publishing options, and much more.

We are always looking for more resources to add to our lists, so don’t hesitate to tag me (@FireAlwaysReturns) if you’ve found any. I will personally go through them and add them to the list if they are appropriate.

Please note that this thread is all about making money off your writing through publishing, not about publishing for free on sites such as Wattpad or Archive of our Own. Things such as how to get reads and votes don’t apply here.

1 Like

This is my current test run, of sorts. Colours to be changed later

Publishing Resources Are you an aspiring author looking for resources to get your foot into the door of the publishing world? Or just a writer curious about what options there are to make money off of your work? Either way, this is the place to learn about the possibilities you have with making money from writing. Here, you can find information about the querying process, finding reliable services for self-pubbing, promoting your book, online publishing options, and much more.

We are always looking for more resources to add to our lists, so don’t hesitate to tag me (@FireAlwaysReturns) if you’ve found any. I will personally go through them and add them to the list if they are appropriate.

Please note that this thread is all about making money off your writing through publishing, not about publishing for free on sites such as Wattpad or Archive of our Own. Things such as how to get reads and votes don’t apply here.

Oop

I don’t even…

2 Likes

ahh there’s so much coding here and I can do pretty much nothing lol

2 Likes

join my class

3 Likes

I can’t, remember?

1 Like

Ohhh, r.i.p.

If you want, I can PM you the assignments from the last time I taught the course. It’s super outdated but it’s something.

2 Likes

hmm okay
yeah I checked out your first assignment
realised I kinda already know the basics
but probably wouldn’t be able to do much after that
honestly yeah seeing the assignments would be great, if you’re okay with that

1 Like

I’ll send it over then! :sparkles:

2 Likes

ee thank you so much

2 Likes

Have fun and feel free to post here if you do them!

3 Likes

oki

2 Likes