If this was done properly, would anyone give this type of story a shot?

It is a story about a teen who is destined to save the world from a great evil, but that teen ends up dying and because of that the responsibility didn’t go to some random other person, that responsibility went to the parents of the teenager. Now, mom and dad have to save the world in honor of their deceased child, but it turns out those parents were once chosen heroes in their younger years. So, the parents are called to save the world…again.

Would you give this a read if it was done very well?

4 Likes

It’s a unique twist on the chosen one. I like it!

2 Likes

Thanks. What would you even title this story? If you could give it one.

1 Like

The Chosen’s Chosen Ones!

1 Like

What? That is a mouthful!
:sweat_smile:

Maybe call it something like “Return to Action”? “ReCall to Arms”?

1 Like

That sounds pretty good.
I like Return to Action more.

Would you give this story a shot if it was done good?

In my head I’m picturing something along the lines of Percy Jackson, and I’ve been burned on that series (and many like it) too many times to confidently say I want to go back there.
BUT I’m always willing to give something a good 3 chapter shot if someone recommends something to me, I just can’t make promises from there anymore.

That being said, I’ve read plenty of stuff in the past through recommendation that I wouldn’t have read otherwise, and found myself enjoying it, whereas stuff I wanted to like I ended up hating.
So I’m may not be the best person to speak for everyone on your question.

If you think you’ve got a solid idea for it, go for it!
Afterwards let me know if you want someone to test read those first 3 chapters!

1 Like

Really? That is interesting you thought that. I wasn’t expecting Percy Jackson at all. To be honest, I didn’t expect anything really. LOL!

1 Like

Haha! That’s the default Chosen One story my mind goes to. Even though there are other more popular ones, that’s the story that beat you over the head with it from day 1.

1 Like

I feel like it could be an adventure comedy movie :stuck_out_tongue: Probably because it reminds me of Spy Kids somewhat.

1 Like

Oh my gosh! That is interesting. I wasn’t even thinking that.
Maybe it could be an adventure comedy or something along those lines in a fantasy setting.

1 Like

If it’s adventure comedy done right (like, maybe they’re not as spry as they used to be and can’t move so quickly like before XD) and fantasy, then I’d definitely read it :wink: I like quirky books.

1 Like

Yup. Sounds wonderful.

1 Like

yeah definitely

1 Like