If you had great drawing skills, would you ever create a comic or no?

If you have killer amazing drawing skills, would you ever create a comic book or no? Whether it is for funsies or to get it published, would you do it?

My Turn:

Personally, I would LOVE to turn my novel ideas into a comic if I had awesome drawing skills. Seriously, I wish I could draw what I envision in my creative mind. If only I had the skills to do so. I can learn but I guess my heart isn’t in it nor do I have the patience. So sad.

Anyway, what about you?

7 Likes

Nope. ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ Too much work.

Before I started writing, my stories were originally meant to be graphic novels, not books. Buuut then I had to be honest with myself that I would never finish drawing hundred of comic pages, so I switched to just writing.

3 Likes

Quick question: Would you ever just draw character art for your stories or no?

2 Likes

HA. I do that all the time. I draw little story scenes too. It’s super fun.

Drawing full comic pages … not so much.

2 Likes

if i was able to commit to it i’d love to, but i don’t think i’d ever be confident enough in my skills AND be able to commit to drawing so many panels :pensive:
a girl can dream, though

2 Likes

Seriously, I can relate to that. I do not have patience and drawing a comic sound nice, but dear god is it challenging if you’re not fully into it.

LOL!

2 Likes

That is understandable.
I wish I could draw period.

1 Like

exactlyy :sob: a few weeks back i tried to do a short comic that was about… ten panels maybe? gave up after barely doing three :skull:

3 Likes

Oh wow!

Yeah, I somewhat envy comic artists ability to draw for that long.

comic artists are truly built different honestly, we can only dream to become like them :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I feel this. Drawing regular art is fine, but drawing comics always feels like a chore. :C

It’s like writing, the more you do it, you better you get~ Do you draw any art of your characters?

1 Like

i actually really liked what i had too, but when it feels like a chore you just lose all desire to do it huh :\

1 Like

Seriously, they are built different. Like how do they do it?
LOL! I can only dream. :sweat_smile:

clearly it has to be magic at this point because i haven’t a clue either :pensive:

1 Like

Hell no! I don’t know how to draw period.
Seriously, my drawing skills are worse than a two-year old.

I am not exaggerating. My drawing skills are bad and sticky. LOL!
If I draw my characters, they MUST look the way my mind sees them. If not, then I cannot draw the characters.

1 Like

Magic, huh?
I want some of that magic too. LOL!

I’ve tried in the past, even though my drawing skills (freestyle wise) only go to stick-figures. In the wise words of James Rallison (YouTube animator, goes by the name of Odd1sOut, does comics and is now getting a Netflix show), however, you don’t have to be great at drawing to do comics or animating to pursue it (as a career or hobby).

Personally, I would love to do a comic one day, but I’m not much of a comic book writer. I’m a novelist. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My skills are good enough that with a little work they would be able to do this.

I did this years ago.

And I thought about doing a comic with my husband who is even better.

We’ve tried it.

I don’t see us getting into doing this for another decade, if we want to try again.

2 Likes

I would love to create a comic but the work to draw not only characters but also the world around them, the range of ways that they’d have to stand, etc, and to stay consistent in art style, I don’t think I could do it

3 Likes

I have mediocre drawing skills, but I’m still planning to do this! The problem is not the skill, but the time. It takes so much time, but I have a few stories in mind. I don’t intend to add useless filler to my comics since I hate that in other people’s. I’ll just do lots of short stories, maybe. Or a long story without any filler.

I don’t plan to make graphic versions of any of my books, though. The plots of my comics will be totally different than any of my novels. For instance, I really want to do something that takes place in the 1920s or 1930s, maybe on an ocean liner, so I can take advantage of that way cool art deco style. I’ve never written about that era before, and maybe I’ll make it dieselpunk! ヽ(^。^)丿

3 Likes