(COMPLETED) Cover request

Hi, everyone! I’m looking for a cover designer to make me a cover and 2 banners for my wuxia/historical/fantasy novel. I am willing to send inspiration and am willing to give payment. You can choose the payment as long as it doesn’t involve money.

The gist of story summary: This is an Oliver Twist retelling, however, this story takes place in a wuxia world (ancient Chinese, typically, with cultivation and martial arts themes (this story will have xianxia themes as well).

Title: Legends Never Die
Author: Deanna Heller-Erskin
Subtitle: An Oliver Twist Retelling — With a Twist
Genre: Retelling, Fantasy, Wuxia, Historical, Xianxia
Type of cover: Manip
Face claim: Lu Han from Fighter of the Destiny with his hair down and long. IF YOU DO NOT USE FACE CLAIMS, instead, a young handsome Chinese male wearing a black hanfu with long hair. In his hand, a sword, inspo will be provided
Ideas: A traditional historical Chinese town, busy, with the main character standing and holding his sword. Behind him, a mob of people chasing him. Blood on his hanfu and face, please.
Inspo links: Lu Han link, a07133435fd149aabc13189aece8d1cf.jpg (799×1420) (pinimg.com)
Could not find non face claim pixabay or pexel model :frowning: could not find suitable mob picture as well, so that can be ignored. Background: Ancient Buildings in Chinese Town · Free Stock Photo (pexels.com)

PLZ NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT WORK WITH MODELS, THAT’S OKAY, I HAVE A NON-MODEL FORM TOO
Ideas: A sword with, a bag with gold coins spilling, and a bundle of rope (( all covered in blood please ))
Links above: Sword, Chinese_sword_Dao_HB786_1-900x600.jpg (900×600) (hanbonforge.com) . OIP.Uk_vtVdNiRruoUoeqriWJAHaG4 (474×440) (bing.com) (bag). 81YGPVwuCHL.AC_SL1500.jpg (1441×1122) (ssl-images-amazon.com) (rope) PLZ NOTE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THESE EXAMPLES Background, dark texture.
OTHER LINKS: 164171698-352-k69975.jpg (352×550) (wattpad.com) , 224203685-352-k884946.jpg (352×550) (wattpad.com), THE NIGHT EMPEROR: 夜安王 【The Night Emperor Book 1】| :heavy_check_mark: - 水月雨花 - Wattpad (THIS ONE IS A BETTER EXAMPLE), 247112819-352-k354618.jpg (352×550) (wattpad.com) (WORST EXAMPLE, BUT PRETTY COVER, 249304248-352-k58583.jpg (352×550) (wattpad.com) (GOOD EXAMPLE TOO), 277120860-352-k523542.jpg (352×550) (wattpad.com) (GOOD EXAMPLE TOO)

Please let me know if you can help with the cover! :heart: Also note, I have put out requests in other locations as well.

For banners: I’d like the banners matching the cover please, except for different text.

Text for first banner: Legends Never Die by Deanna Heller-Erskin
Text for second banner: Thank you for reading!

DON’T FORGET, you have freedom of payment choices as long as it’s not money!
Thank you for your time! :heart: And please let me know (if interested in helping) if you have any questions pertaining to the requests!

@dj_thecrazycatlady Thought I’d give this a go! Let me know if you’d like to use it and I’ll send you the HD version.

1 Like

This is perfection! I know I already pmed you (I thought the reply went here haha) but this is something I would definitely use as it fits the theme a heck better than what I originally had in mind! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m glad you like it! <3

Random q: Does the title have anything to do with the song, by any chance?

Haha, no. I wanted to do a traditional type title for Chinese fantasy stories, like Legends of the Condor Heroes, Legend of Chusen, etc.

Do you still want me to try this?

If you’d like to, you can. But if you don’t want to, you don’t have to. :heart:

I didn’t do banners (I low key suck at them really, but I can try if u want) but here u go, hope it’s okay?

open in new tab for full size

2 Likes

If you want to try, you can. I won’t force you to do something you might not be comfortable with doing.

I like the cover, thank you so much! :heart:

1 Like

I’ve updated the original post w the banners - (:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :heart: