Imagine getting into the writing game at the age you are now?

What would be different? Other than the fact that you are now entering the writing game at your current age.

Would you stick to the writing or what? What would be different in this situation?

3 Likes

Well, technically, that is what I did. I mean, I’ve written since high school for fun, but I didn’t seriously finish things or bother with even halfassing competitions until the past year or so.

So, really nothing wod change because I’m there, right now

3 Likes

Ah, I see.

So, nothing would change at all.

2 Likes

Whatever I do over the next few years will be the changes I would make sooner, by each point. Lol

2 Likes

I would have been fed up of portrayals of people who share my traits in fiction, so much so that I write a book to get back at them all.

2 Likes

I dunno, but thank goodness I’m not just starting out! I’d have years of crushing disappointment ahead of me instead of behind me now. (♯^.^ღ)

5 Likes

Revenge! Revenge!
LOL!

Nah, I’m just playing.

2 Likes

If I see another blubbering idiot used as Autistic representation, I might have to go on a roaring rampage of revenge.

1 Like

Yeah, people don’t take research seriously I suppose.
Does that make sense?

1 Like

Don’t worry, you will still be able to live a life full of pointless regret!

2 Likes

That’s understandable.

2 Likes

It is a lot more than research failure going around. In my view, people don’t want to talk about the less cute and quirky side of the disorder.

1 Like

Oh, yay! I feel a lot better now! (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that.

That has to be frustrating for you. That people only see one side of something rather than the whole thing. They would rather look at the pretty side than the not-so pretty which is the reality of it all.

Does what I am saying make sense?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t of ever taken a creative writing class and I’d most likely wouldn’t have easily passed each of my English classes with straight A’s. Although, I definitely do believe writing helped with that (mostly how to use certain words and punctuation) reading fiction books definitely plays a big part in my success. So I think I’d probably get away with C’s so not that much of a difference. I completely ignore punctuation in these post because I don’t think it matters unlike in my actual writing, emails, etc.

Considering how stressful my life has been the past couple of years and the fact that I have really stepped back from social media (YouTube doesn’t count) including Wattpad. And the fact that it’s not as interactive over there as it used to be I highly doubt I would continue writing. Especially because when I started out I thought no reads or few reads meant this sucks so delete it and it’s definitely a lot harder to get reads now.

3 Likes

So, you would have a much difficult time with entering the writing game now than you would back then?

Yes

This! 100%

I also wouldn’t have my 2 best friends. We literally bonded over writing back when Story Write was still around. I would be a completely different person, I think, if I didn’t start writing back in 2012. Different friends, different experiences in classes. And honestly, I’d probably give up on writing if I started it now, for similar reasons to what SteadyMyLove said.

4 Likes

Only can do it as a T-Rex. Nothing like a little bitty arm rampage.

2 Likes

If you eant to talk about stubby arms, consider the meat eating bull

2 Likes