In fiction, are there any characters you hate but everyone else loves/adores?

The character can come from other people’s work. Like movies, television shows, books, video games, anime, manga, comic books, plays, and etc that are real popular. This has to be a character you can not stand and absolutely hate but the fandom seems to love them.

Who is this character?

4 Likes

Two words: The Darkling

2 Likes

From Shadow and Bone?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

I have complex feelings towards Catra in Netflix She-Ra series. She really tows the line between redeemable and irredeemable, tried to kill Adora(the MC) once, and is popularly headcannoned to have BPD. She doesn’t really improve onscreen that much, but she’s also the best written character in the series and fun to follow.

I don’t hate her, I just think that she could’ve been handled better.

You already know about my hatred of William Afton, though. How Rebornica and her lot thought this guy would ever be sexy amuses and disgusts me. I also love the fact that he is basically pure evil, but in a fun and interesting way.

2 Likes

What are your reasons for hating him since everyone else adores him?

2 Likes

Do you think he’s intolerably evil or just badly written?

2 Likes

Very manipulative, and hurts anyone that get’s in his way (ex. His own mother)

Intolerably evil, he’s actually based on the author’s Ex and I think he’s written really well

2 Likes

NO! NOT HIS OWN MAMA!

2 Likes

That is terrible.

2 Likes

jill fizzart

sure she was a high key racist but she’s cute

1 Like

The fans liked her because she was cute rather than hating her for being racist?

What fiction is she from?

2 Likes

uh it’s from fire emblem: path of radiance

should’ve clarified that i meant furries as in race

2 Likes

i misread this entire thread omg i thought you meant “characters everybody hates but you adore”

2 Likes

Nope. These are the characters you hate but every fan adores/loves.

That is fine.

2 Likes

Furries are the most oppressed minority, alongside gamers.

2 Likes

furries need to stop being oppressed :pray: #freethefurries

2 Likes

Is Jill still that character you hate but is widely love by others?
Do you have a better character in mind?

2 Likes

hm

perne lmao

he literally kidnaps girls and forces them to do whatever he wants but many people really fucking like him because he is “robin hood”

2 Likes

Where does he come from?

1 Like