Is this my most ridiculous concept yet?

A Court of Thorns and Roses but Tamlin’s friend was killed by Utah’s Hunter.

Fascinated by the beast, he tries to make her his pet, with mixed results.

1 Like

I would consider it strange if I got all that, maybe. Right now I’m just bewildered. Lmao

2 Likes

I looked into the ballad of Tam Lin. I will revist that one day.

1 Like

Oh, ok. Really, any old work reworked is just fine. Old works get too old for audiences, and only get their original place preserved by fresh exposure. It’s a good thing

1 Like

Very good thing.

But this will be written later. Much later.

Now I need to write how a high lord fae would react to the nightmare rooster.

Parameters?

Cockactrice level rooster would be like “careful handling”. Black smoke and fireballs would be “how well does it aim”. But if it’s someone who is used to chickens, you grab it by the head and sling it until the neck breaks. It’s a quick kill, and I remember a lot of older folks doing that when they didn’t want a headless bird running around under the house dodging pillars while spouting blood everywhere.

Me personally, I’ve never killed one because I get them for the eggs when I’ve bothered with them.

1 Like

She’s about the size of a human, has deadly talons, and is also pregnant.

Mr. High Lord isn’t familiar with livestock, much less poultry.

Ok, a really big man could still do it. Birds are much more slender and easier to break than humans. It’s going to depend on bone density. But what you’re going to want to look into is attacks from Emus or Ostriches. Emus are a problem in Australia.

1 Like

I’m thinking more like a cassowary armed with knives.

It will be entertaining.

Roosters have bone spurs. They never needed a knife. Little critters are dangerous, just easy to break, is all.

1 Like

The knives are built into the feet, yes.

Time to plot this.

Make them cap spurs.

1 Like

" In some regional variations, the birds are equipped with either metal spurs (called gaffs ) or knives, tied to the leg in the area where the bird’s natural spur has been partially removed. A cockspur is a bracelet (often made of leather) with a curved, sharp spike which is attached to the leg of the bird. The spikes typically range in length from “short spurs” of just over an inch to “long spurs” almost two and a half inches long. In the highest levels of 17th century English cockfighting, the spikes were made of silver. The sharp spurs have been known to injure or even kill the bird handlers.[18]"

1 Like

A sentient creature having its own spurs made is smart. But you might get PETA whiplash from those who are the type to freak out over eating fictional eggs…

2 Likes

High Lord Ellair and Mist the Utahraptor.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.