Just out of curiosity, how many stories are you working on at the moment?

One novel, lots of plots building mentally, and one short story that barely gets any attention

1 Like

Iā€™m currently rewriting one and working on 2 more (one is a spin-off of the one Iā€™m rewriting, the other is a different book)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to limit myself to one project at a time. So, one, haha. Itā€™s currently untitled, but its placeholder name is ā€˜ELYAā€™.

Other stories that are in the works, and have a pretty good start on plot, are around four or five. Most titles are placeholders.

We got: Breakfast, Girl Salt, EMBERS, and DWM (series).

1 Like

Working on can mean different things to me.

If itā€™s ā€œadding words to itā€ thatā€™s just one.

But if itā€™s ā€œadding words to it, taking notes about it, thinking about the plot, contemplating characters and world building constantlyā€ that would be three.

And if itā€™s ā€œadding words to it, taking notes about it, thinking about the plot, contemplating characters and world building occasionally and not all the time and some of them I might not think about for monthsā€ that would be seven.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll accept the one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

technicallyā€¦ 5?

2 in first draft
1 in second draft
2 in mandatory rest period

but iā€™ve only been actually working on 1 since november. nanowrimo things :call_me_hand:

and we donā€™t need to acknowledge the 30 others sitting in Project Limbo u~u

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha! LOL!

1 Like

Midnight Indigoā€”been in progress since like 8th grade
Creative Writing class screenplayā€”just started it; using a weird mess of old ideas
Unnamed fairytale anthologyā€”got all the stories outlined and. A few partway written!!
The Witching Treeā€”Iā€™ve got a prologue, a first chapter, and a weird mess of aesthetics
Tiffā€”Do Not Ask Please
The Peculiar Case of Infinity Ambersā€”on hold rn but I have all the ideas
The mermaid zombie oneā€”once inspiration strikes im gonna crush this
Amoraā€”like a paragraph in; im probably not gonna finish but I liked what I had planned
So Let The Stars Fall Downā€”itā€™s gonna have 49 chapters and im like 10 in
Rainfallā€”I donā€™t have enough energy to plot out the mystery
Wind Scarsā€”never finishing this
Handprintsā€”Iā€™ve restarted it like 5 times I might just give up
The murder mystery school oneā€”cool concept and Iā€™ve got a bunch of planning but I dunno how to write it out yet

1 Like

Currently two: one that Iā€™m writing and another in the planning/development stage.

1 Like

Right this split second?
To jump back into at any moment?
12ishā€¦

1 Like

iā€™llgettothemeventually

1 Like

LOL!

1 Like

Do text based role plays count as stories Iā€™m working on? I consider it colaborative writingā€¦ If it counts then Iā€™ve got at least a dozen of those at the moment too, along with the two novels Iā€™m working on.

1 Like

It good to see everyone working on more than one story.
Hell, even if it is one, I am still glad.

Happy Writing, everybody!!!

1 Like

I think something around 12?

BFPC, QOD, TITM, TSV, TOC, TYO :thinking: Yep, thatā€™s all.

1 Like

The hell???

Are those the acronyms for your novels or something?

1 Like

Yup, those are acronyms. Saves typing out the full titles :joy:

Battle for the Photon Core, Queen of Darkness, Tear In The Megaverse, The Spirit Veil, The Old City, The Young Ones

1 Like

Ah, thank you for stating what the names are. I got confused for a bit.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently writing two books. A christmas one and a Halloween one that I hope to have edited and ready to post by October and December. :blue_heart: Iā€™m currently uploading the last two-three chapters to my third book that I was working on, but completed a few weeks ago.

2 Likes