Hey guys, writing a diverse book? With POC characters? On WattPad? And want it to reach more people? Then come along to my WP handle @shoutouttodiversity and let me give you a shout out.
- A cast that is either all POC, or has the main character as POC. So, African American, African, Asian, Arab, Native American, Native Australian, Native Brazilian, basically, if you know the people you’re writing about have little/no/bad for no reason representation in the media, then you’re good to go.
- Reads should be below 5K.
- A follow. Because I want my shout outs (including yours) to reach as many people as possible.
- A read through my WIP Hear The Whispers Sing which you can find here. Hear The Whispers Sing. - End The Apartheid - Wattpad. No votes or comments necessary. If it doesn’t catch your fancy, that’s alright. If it does, (and if you want to comment and vote ) I love you. Let’s be soulmates. Hope you enjoy it.
I’ll be getting to your books in this order.
If your book explores the challenges POC face, from micro-aggression all the way up the ladder you get first priority.
If your book doesn’t (I mean, what if you’re writing a fantasy where all is sunshine and daisies?) but still has really rich culture that is based on a marginalised group. then it gets second priority.
If your book has a POC main and that’s it, it gets third priority.
I’ll be going through your books before shouting them out, so please look out for the following. If you don’t, that’s OK, I’ll be PMing you to point them out, but I won’t shout your book out until you rectify that.
- Harmful stereotypes. (Eg; if I see a harem represented as a nonconsensual whorehouse in the book you give me, I will be pissed. VERY pissed. Do your research)
- Telling me your main character is POC, but when I read through it, I find no indication of that.
If you take my advice and do the corrections and PM me back, then I’d be happy to go through your book once again and give it a shoutout.
So, yeah. If you’re interested, reply below with the following form.
Payment (done/not done):
A general overview of your cast: