Looking for a Book Cover

Title: Die Kunst des Verbrechens
Author: Selema Selouti
Graphic type: Cover
Genre: Humourous Historical Detective story
Mood: light yet mysterious and artsy since the story revolves around art historical topics
Colors: blue, gold, black, brown
Simple/Manip: A vector cover if possible. If not simple is fine as well
Inspo:

Payment: a follow but we can also talk about other payment methods if specifically requested
Other: The story Story is about the nephew of Sherlock Holmes, Jack Holmes and a young art history student who try to solve a case of a missing painting together. It takes place in the late 19th century in Paris so maybe an Eiffel tower in the background would be nice. Maybe something related to art history or detective themes like a magnifier or something like that.

5 Likes

Sounds like an interesting project

It is :blush:

1 Like

Gassssp I know that series xD It’s sooo gooddddd :heart_eyes:

I’m only a few pages into the first book but I just had to buy it just because of the beautiful cover :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@chasingcastles Thought I’d give this a go! Let me know if you’d like to use it and I’ll send you the HD version.

4 Likes

Hope you enjoy it!

This cover is super beautiful and I love the design so much. The only thing is that the main male character is in his twenties and the man on the cover looks a bit old. It also looks a touch too modern while my story takes place in the late 19th century. But it’s honestly such a beautiful cover. Thank you so much for your time and effort!

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ah — oops, sorry about that. :sweat_smile: Other illustrations happened to be rather cartoonish, which is why I chose this. Plus, it mentioned “young” in the description. And I didn’t realize about the time period.

It was my pleasure! I’ll be putting this up as a premade then?

Oh don’t worry! I added the description of the book plot after you posted your cover because I realized I didn’t specify what I wanted enough so it definitely wasn’t your fault.

Yes, you may put it up as a premade!

Working on something for ya! I’m not really experience in vector type covers, but hey! It’s for practice!

Don’t worry! I’m already excited to see it :blush:

Free bump!

Bump

Bump

@chasingcastles
hey! here’s my attempt - I focused more on the art side of the request? hope it’s alright.

open in new tab for full size

1 Like

It’s pretty. I like it !

Bump

1 Like