Looking for a proof reader for my Wattpad book!

Hi, I’m Taffie!

I’m looking for a proof/beta reader for my Wattpad book ‘Ghost Of You’. I’m looking in particular for someone happy to proofread the chapters I already have published, and then my updates just before I publish them, all the way up until the book is completed. I am aiming for about forty chapters in the book.

Please be aware that the book is rated mature on Wattpad, as it covers some difficult topics- illness and mental health issues- if you’re considering. I don’t want to be upsetting anyone.

I write my chapters in Google Docs, so I can send editing links for each chapter’s document. I’d prefer to communicate via discord PMs, but I could also communicate here, on Wattpad, on Tapas, or via email.

Thank you in advance to anyone who considers this! I’ll talk payments with anyone who offers. I’m open to doing most things, so just name what your preferred payment method would be and I’ll see what I can do.

4 Likes

Would you be open to doing any sort of exchange?

1 Like

As in a read for read?

1 Like

That or helping give advice/suggestions or bouncing ideas off of someone.

But yeah, read for reading chapters from a couple things (since I definitely don’t have 40)

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m not open for read for reads at the moment, as I have a few on the go already alongside my book club, writing, and school work. But thank you for the offer!

1 Like

Okay, cool.

Could you give a summary of what your book is about? I might still be interested.

1 Like

Of course!

Here is my blurb: Luke is a bug and bird fanatic in modern-day London. He’s got everything he needs; three best friends, two loving parents, and one sloppy- but lovable- dog. And yet he’s not happy.
It’s been six months since Bailey; plenty of time to heal. But maybe it takes longer to fix what’s broken on the inside.

I don’t want to give away too much other than that, as the main key to the plot isn’t found out until a couple of chapters in ^.^ It’s quite a slow start- well, it’s quite slow-paced overall xD
My username on Wattpad is -Taffie-
If you decide to check it out, I’d say go through my account, as Ghost Of You is quite a popular book name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Okay!

I also am balancing writing, school, a channel and a job, so I can’t guarantee the fastest of responses. But I just may check it out. I’ll add it to my reading list if I’m interested.

1 Like

No pressure to- I know how hectic life can be!! But thank you :3

1 Like

hey! what payment do you offer? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m happy to talk about payments with anyone offering! It could be reading and voting/commenting on someone’s book on either Wattpad or Tapas, or a post to my message board about their book etc. I should probably put something about that in my original message, oops xD

1 Like

Consider me interested.

1 Like

No worries! I’m thinking about you leaving some comments on the same amount of chapters on my book as the ones I proofread on yours. What do you think? :wink:

1 Like

That sounds good!