Looking for roleplayers for a long term discord roleplay

Me (Ilian) and my friend (Orangewitch) are looking for members for a discord roleplay.

Genre: Slice-of-life with a LIGHT sci-fi backdrop
We have some lore already, involving a spaceship, planets, and alien races. The rp won’t be technical /mechanical heavy, more character-focused plot with very light lore.
Literacy: [ this bit is very important. ] You have to be able to communicate clearly in and out of character.
Please openly discuss what you’re feeling and what you want OOC. Let us know when you think something isn’t working.
Also, grammar and sentence/thought flow is very important.
Post length: It’s negotiable. Not one-liners, though.
Romance and violence: No romance unless it’s planned OOC between the members involved.
Violence and verbal abuse are okay IF they’re for the sake of character development and have been discussed and agreed upon OOC first.
Other: We’re looking for rp that’s more character-focused and allows for character development/growth throughout the rp.
Post frequency: Unless you ask for more time, you have a 48 hour time limit to reply if your character is in a scene with another character. After that time has passed the scene will end in the most unobtrusive way possible.

If you do respond to this ad: »
Provide an rp sample and ask for a roleplay sample, or do a test rp scene with me. »
We’ll ask you a few questions because we’d like to get to know you a little. »
We’ll let you know if we think it’s not going to work out after we talk. We want this roleplay to last, so we want to make sure we’re comfortable with everyone who joins, and vice versa. DM me if you’re interested!

A mission in space characters

ship lore

4 Likes

No problem :relaxed: You’re in fact just in time, as the #wacky-classifieds has just gone live! You can pop Discord advertisements in there :wink:

And for future reference, you can always ask the mods stuff here - we all have the thread on watching, so one of us would get back to you as soon as possible:

1 Like

Thanks for the help! I’ll bookmark that thread.

3 Likes

We realized that this was probably under the wrong category- so that’s why we kept getting hardcore sci fi nerds who didn’t care about slice of life :joy: :joy: :joy:
Apparently when sci fi is the first genre that means it’s supposed to be super technical and involve big space battles and intergalactic wars or something, according to most people’s understandings.

1 Like

I expected it to be an epic space opera from the description.

1 Like

what part of the description? It does say slice of life now

1 Like

I think it’s memory and the original description. It’s better now.

1 Like

oh, that’s good!

1 Like

: D

1 Like