Magic Fox makes fakes | gimme fakes | open

What are fakes?: Covers I make for your entertainment. Maybe you want me to make your cover in my style? Or a cover for a fake story that you’ll never write? Or I could try and make the cover of your favorite book?

What happens with fakes?

1. You get to keep it as art, if you want.
  2. The overall design will be put up for a premade in my premade shop.

If you want a real cover…message me.

Pawsome Examples:

Important Fox Notes:

• I won’t do face claims which means if it is a fanfic, I won’t put the celebrity or character on the cover.
  • Covers can take up to 2 HOURS to make. I don’t slap text on a pretty pinterest picture and give it to you with a cookie.
  • I have limitations. I’m not a magic covermaking sorceress. I’m just the secretary to the fox that makes the covers.
  • Recently into making fantasy covers.
  • A genre I rarely do is romance, sci-fi, horror, and western. You want to challenge me? :grin:

Here’s what you gotta do:

Step 1. Say hi. Fill out the form. Multiple is okay, too.

Yep, that’s it :wink:

Here’s the form. Please fill this one out and no other.

FORM

Title: (Let me know if someone else can reuse this title or not. Premade covers can mean that sometimes people will keep the title.)

Subtitle:

Tagline:

Author Name:

Genre:

Summary: (book summary)

Mood of the cover: (happy, sad, cutesy, romantic, magical, creepy, mysterious, use adjectives)

Color Palette: using this site, tell me the names of one or two palettes you would like me to use for your cover. Or not and leave it to beaver.

Ideas: (any ideas you have.)

Example Covers: (It helps for inspiration, too)

Anything Else?:

If you have questions, do ask. I won’t bite.

Terminology
Tagline: Tells something about the story. Usually something intriguing. Maybe it’s a quote, a bit of dialogue, something to make you stop and go WHAT? Harry Potter example: the boy who lived.
Subtitle: The second title after the main title. For The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, the subtitle would be The Chronicles of Narnia. A subtitle can also be Book One or XYZ Series or A Short Story or A BTS Fanfic.

4 Likes

Hehe thanks!

2 Likes

Okay, so I did my best. What do you think? Gave me good practice to make covers with lots of text. I tend to gravitate towards warm-tone colors :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I did my interpretation of it.

Alright, hit me with another :wink: @liber_spiritus

Btw, it’s my first time making a cover for Paige Turner :stuck_out_tongue: I usually just put Author Name.

6 Likes

Thank you! :grin: Phew, one down.

ahaha, that’s so true! XD

1 Like

The first cover you gave for the model based example, I laughed. It says Page Turner XD

I’ve done one of those split covers! Would be good practice if I could do it again.

Well, maybe not exactly split, but I did the cover in my style.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m in a fantasy covers mood right now, so while other covers are accepted, they might be made later.

1 Like

I couldn’t come up with a way to do the castle with a swash text, well, at least the one I used. Here’s the text based ones. I did two different versions.

2 Likes

These are nice! Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Gave me good practice with that font. I haven’t used much super swirly font.

1 Like

@anon75483123 GASP took 2 hours. Maybe 3 to figure something out for this.

Idk what this is, but it’s something XD There’s so much text and I rarely work with cursive script, so it was really hard to find a good balance :stuck_out_tongue: I hope you like it.

3 Likes

Probably gonna remake the catastrophe above :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m gonna try and remake that later :stuck_out_tongue: It’s what happens when I haven’t made covers for people in a while XD

Here. How’s this?

@liber_spiritus also in need of some fantasy and/or sci-fi and/or horror fakes if you have any :wink:

3 Likes

Feel free to experiment. You don’t have to use any of the things I mentioned! This is just for fun!

1 Like

@stella_vigo hi :stuck_out_tongue:

I was in need of inspiration and I saw a fake request (Girl who’s a Friend cover) you gave someone else and used that as inspiration. No people, as requested, but I changed everything else.

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Ooh, that looks cute! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Novel_Worm I don’t know why, but I had trouble with this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you :wink:

1 Like