🎉 Meet Your New Mods, Apply to Become One Yourself! 🎉

Hey everybody! Good news! We’ve officially “sworn in” our new moderators from our last moderator selection round! Be sure to tell these users hi and congrats! :tada: :tada: :tada:

@Spider-Hawk
@panaceia
@Forever_D_A
@alcoholandcaffeine
@JCRohrer

We’ve also nominated two “head moderators” who will be responsible for overseeing the other moderators’ day-to-day activities. Feel free to reach out to them with questions or concerns!
@FireAlwaysReturns
@floreswrites

Now all that being said, our community has grown exponentially since we had our last round of mod hiring, so we’re opening up applications again a little sooner than we expected! To apply, please review the information below.

Things We Require:

• You must be 18+, or within 3 months of turning 18.
  • You must not have received an official warning, silencing, suspension, or ban on Wacky Writers within the last 6 months.
  • If you have applied to be a moderator on Wacky Writers in the last 90 days, you are ineligible to apply in this round.

Things We’d Like:

• Proficiency in more than one language.
  • Availability to mod timezones UTC+10:00, UTC+11:00, UTC+12:00/-12:00, UTC-11:00, UTC-10:00, and UTC-9:00.
  • 6+ months of Discourse use.

If you meet these criteria and are interested in being a mod, here’s a couple things we recommend before applying:

• Be familiar with our Code of Conduct.
  • Have good rapport with the community, both here and in other places. This doesn’t mean you have to be extroverted, but it does mean you should have a history of respectful, positive interaction with the community.

Our process has changed a little since our last round of mod applications. Instead of having two rounds of questions, we have consolidated all the questions into one application. If you are chosen to join our team, it will be on a “trial basis” to make sure it’s a good team fit: for us and for you! This trial will last between 14-21 days, with the possibility of ending earlier if the fit isn’t a good one.

Ready to apply? Go here and fill out this form! We will let every applicant know whether or not we choose them to be a part of our team!

16 Likes

A million congratulations!

7 Likes

@Wholesomedisaster Do it.

5 Likes

Congrats :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Welp. Here goes then.

4 Likes

good luck everyone! super excited for more awesome people to join the team! :smile:

6 Likes

Ok. Yeah. Nope. I’m out. This questionnaire is giving me an existential crisis. :sob:
crawls under Rin’s couch
This puppy is too soft for this. :pleading_face:
Good luck everyone else!! :+1:

5 Likes

Congrats! I would love to apply but I’m a bittt too young lmao

5 Likes

(sighs) Surprised, yet not surprised.

4 Likes

good luck to all! :clap:

6 Likes

Oh congrats y’all!

6 Likes

Congrats to the new mods! So not a job I could do so props, and good luck to everyone applying!

7 Likes

Congrats Everyone!!

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing our team become bigger and merrier <3

8 Likes

Good job everyone!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

congrats to everybody, I am still too young!

5 Likes

Congratulations, everyone!! :partying_face:

6 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations to all the new mods! :tada:

@FireAlwaysReturns @floreswrites Congratulations on becoming the head mod, Janey and Cristal! :heart: :confetti_ball:

I’m out! :joy:

Regarding the warning, how many warnings count in the application process? What if the person did it unintentionally?

4 Likes