🎉 Meet Your New Mods, Apply to Become One Yourself! 🎉

So we always give an unofficial warning first because we want to assume an honest mistake over malicious non-compliance. An official warning will be a message in bright orange which denotes it as an official warning and all subsequent penalizations will be denoted in a similar way. This doesn’t apply to egregious or malicious content, such as racial slurs or intentionally targeting another user in a nasty way.

Most of the time, our users made an honest mistake and we always prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Trust me, if you ever get an official warning, you will know lol. We make our official warnings very clear and will provide supporting documentation as to why the warning and/or additional penalization was handed out.

Let me know if you have more questions, I’m happy to answer them!

3 Likes

So, if I’ve got a warning and I apply for a mod, does that affect my chances of acceptance?

2 Likes

If you’ve received an official warning in the last 90 days, you’re ineligible to apply for moderator. Silencing and bans technically will be more once we’ve been around that long.

If it’s unofficial, it’s hard for me to say as far as mod application. It depends on what it was for. If you put something in the wrong place or derailed a thread, no, most likely not unless you continued the behavior beyond that.

If you historically have had issues with another user, or something in that vein where the mods had to intervene, it might make us take a second look at your application to determine best fit. We might not be able to be everywhere at once, but we’re pretty familiar with most of the connections and relationships our users have with each other. Also, negative interpersonal relationships don’t tend to stay under the radar for long.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the explanation! :smile: I really appreciate it =]

3 Likes

@CJtheSiteWizard I’ve a suggestion to make:
I suggest you change the last 6 months to the last 45 days as technically Wacky Writers was made/created around the last week of July.

The number 90 is invalid as the site has completed around 58 days only.

Hope I’m making sense here! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Nablai.

We wrote it that way because that’s what we’re planning to do moving forward and want to make sure our language is consistent. :slight_smile:

4 Likes