Moments in your story that made you go...

“I scare myself sometimes” or “I swear I am not a cruel person”.

Do you have a moment in your novel like that or not yet OR not at all?

My Turn:
No. No, I do not.

So, what about you all?

4 Likes

i feel that all the time for one of my characters because i just keep making him go through awful scenarios and suffering and i constantly joke that he deserves it lmAO whoops?

2 Likes

I’ve had moments where the characters do go through cruel stuff, but it never makes me scared of myself :joy: maybe because I know it’s just fiction and also because of my apparent sadism (some online tests say that I’m a sadist).

1 Like

I guess I have lots of moments that could count. But I don’t really feel bad about it. I prefer writing those kinda scenes over fluffy scenes, tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

You fiend! How dare you hurt your precious babies?!

LOL! Nah, I am only kidding. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re so mean! LOL!
Just joking. :sweat_smile:

Yikes. LOL!

i swear i try to give him nice moments too, but the whole story is about him having a bad time and how he deals with it so :pensive: :raised_back_of_hand:

1 Like

As I’ve said before… no pain, no gain :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Gasp!

LOL!

Wow. You are rough on your story babies.

Will there be a happy or even a bittersweet end for him? LOL!

i think i’m the roughest on him, the rest of my characters and stories don’t get that bad i don’t think LOL

and i actually haven’t decided his ending! because on one hand, realistically it should probably end terribly, but i’m very attached to him + his love interest and want them to be happy :‘’)

but at least he has some hope :melting_face:
(as far as i can remember, all my other stories and characters have happy endings, poor him for being the odd one out ha)

1 Like

Sure. I don’t shy away from many topics, and I do treat most of them gently.

Again, I addressed who exactly is turning you on by writing smut. That doesn’t mean I sit there and think about that or intend that 24/7.

1 Like

You guys are either evil or just mean.
Nah, ya’ll cool. LOL! Just teasing ya!

Eh, I’ve accepted my “Shadow Self” so I’m not bothered writing gory scenes, though I am sure some would count here.

I have a really hard time with embarassing scenes, tho, lol.

1 Like

Well, YES XD Not scared of myself, but I wonder where the heck I got those insane ideas from.

Do you want to know the scenes?

One is this minor minor non-character guy who…nah, I won’t get into it. I’ll have to censor too many things. But it’s a gruesome way to die. All of them are.

1 Like

HOW DIABOLICAL OF YOU!!!
lol!

1 Like

I’m more embarrassed for characters than I am for myself.

1 Like

I have way too many of those :joy:

1 Like

Same, just really bad second-hand embarassment on my part.

1 Like