My prompts

A thread to dump the many brief ideas I have for potential stories; dunno how much I’ll share here.

Probably all destined to be short stories because fleshing out fictional worlds is hard. I’ll get around to exploring all these ideas eventually.

5 Likes

In which a man has to spend an extended amount of time with a murderer

10 Likes

I like this one.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about writing it, no planning just exploring the concept :slight_smile: not sure what format would suit it best though.

3 Likes

Edit: Taking this one down as I explore writing it

2 Likes

Ooo this one sounds :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I would have such a blast writing this prompt! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ikr. I’m currently trying to write something for the first prompt, but I do want to explore this second one too!

1 Like

What ideas would you have for it, as an initial idea? I already have an idea of how I’d want to write it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh gosh, so many. I’d probably go a strange surreal/paranormal route with it and explore a bunch of the character’s insecurities and have them find confidence by the end of the book.

1 Like

That’s cute. I’d go in a slice of life but also mildly surreal or non-linear in the narrative when exploring what they need to remember before passing on properly. I’d also wanna look up some science.

1 Like

I love the idea of a non-linear timeline! That could be so mysterious and fascinating to read! The “what they need to remember” part makes it feel like there could be a sequel ahaha.

1 Like

Haha maybe there could be. I’d like to make it confusing, and then all come together in the end. But maybe it wouldn’t have or need a true “ending”? Because people pass on all the time, so it’s always happening, repeating?

1 Like

Ooh I like that!

1 Like

Now I really want to start that one too! :joy: but I’m on chapter 2 of the first prompt. I think both ideas will be short stories though, so maybe I can get to this one soon, too.

1 Like

Ahaha if you do write it and post it anywhere, I’d be more than happy to read it! It sounds absolutely interesting :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t post things anymore lol. It’s not that entirely don’t want to just doesn’t feel right for me right now. So nice of you to wanna read it though :blush:

1 Like

I understand that! :smiley: I’m like that with some of my stories, too.

1 Like

(This is an old one)
In which two friends, one a young boy and the other a robot created by his Uncle, discover what it means to be human and have freedom when she finds out what she really is.

Yes, and I needed time away for mental health and such, too.

1 Like