Name something that is considered legal in your fictional world that you can't get away with in the real world...

Do you have something in your fictional world that is viewed as legal, but in the real world it would be viewed as illegal (depending on the country)?

OR

Is there something in the real world (pertaining to your country mostly) that is considered legal, but in the fictional world it would be considered illegal?

Alright, I am waiting for your comments.

2 Likes

Straight up, werewolves and Omegas: it’s almost always slavery, especially since it’s Eurocentric writing, and we just don’t get Caste systems like India still has. Personally don’t consider that much better.. So, if I’m writing in these worlds with this hierarchy, I can either just never plainly say what it is, or I can address it. The way I deal with it is it’s something that is being phased out, in part because human surveillance is just getting too invasive to hide what’s going on.

1 Like

Cannibalism by cop

1 Like

So, wait, cops can eat criminals, and no one will bat an eye at it???

1 Like

That is interesting.

2 Likes

Well, people can’t get away with committing crimes just for being rich and white. I’d say that’s a pretty big difference to quite a few countries IRL

1 Like

That is in your story, correct?

1 Like

Yup. The legal system actually, like, respects the law and stuff. Well, unless the plot demands otherwise

1 Like

Why are some places in the real world not like this?
That will make things a bit better I suppose.

1 Like

Eh, the real world is run by the rich and the white, but that’s a topic not really suited to this sort of topic as it’s more of a “hot topic”

Anyway, there are some cases where the law is ignored in my stories but it’s kind of necessary. For example, when one of my characters came into her power, it turned out she was born with time magic. But time magic is forbidden. So there was a pretty big “uhhhhhhh” about the entire thing :joy: But in the end, the person can’t control what magic they’re born with so she didn’t get into trouble for having time magic, though it did make a few relationships turn sour

1 Like

You’re right. I just was saying and wondering a bit. LOL!

So, she can control time to her whims or something along those lines?

Mine is weird. In my world, which is a combination of magical and technological, alchemy and necromancy are highly illegal along with being sinful.

In the real world, necromancy and alchemy, especially alchemy is treated as a pseudoscience while necromancy is just dark magic. So, it has no real merit in the real world even though there were people who practiced it centuries ago.

In my fictional world, both alchemy and necromancy are just something that is viewed as unholy and just criminal by practically everyone. Knowing one is bad enough but to master and know both makes you dangerous along with being a pariah.

That is enough from me because I ramble too much.

1 Like

In some small villages, it’s technically legal to murder. There are places that are not advanced with technology and don’t have a legal system at all. Like no cops, etc. So if you murder, it’s easy to get away with it.

It is, however, illegal everywhere to have something from the past (like a book or DVD or a board game) because they go straight to the Archive, a place that’s like an underground museum. It holds old artifacts and keeps them safe, but aren’t available to the public. Having something from it or if you find such a thing, it’s illegal to keep because it’s “treasured.” Since the human history has cease to exist from the natural and unnatural disasters, the oligarchy government think it’s better to hold onto it.

2 Likes

Pretty much. Still figuring out her limits. So far, she can slow time.

Time magic is forbidden because going back in time and changing things can have unforeseen consequences. Besides, Time doesn’t have a good relationship with the God Worlds and removed their power from them, so no one has actually had time magic in a very very very very very long time (like born with it), but there are a still a few spells to influence times. THOSE are forbidden. But people don’t always seen the distinction. It’s like a “all time magic bad” thing

I mean, necromancy and alchemy were what we would today call illegal in the past

1 Like

That makes sense.

You mean in the real world, right?

1 Like

Why does this sound like something that would actually happen in the future

2 Likes

It is a little tricky, though. Time magic first appears in book 3 of the main series, but goes on from book 1 in the spinoff. However, time magic itself doesn’t have a massive role until book 6 (which is the next book to go on wattpad) so I’m still making a lot of this bs up as I go :joy: This is what I get for doing an expansion of M-Theory as a main setting for my books :joy:

Yah, historically speaking anything considered to be magic and, at one point things considered to be science, were just GASP HOW DARE THEE so while it’s not as common in the modern age, you could say it was illegal in past standards :thinking:

1 Like

Wow. So, is there no head of the village or anything? Is it like a smaller version of anarchy or something else?

I am curious to know how and why.

1 Like

True.

Sounds complicated. I couldn’t do it. LOL!

1 Like

Nah, I bet you can

1 Like

I know nothing about that. All I know is that is sounds relating to physics/science or something.

LOL! Thanks for giving me some confidence.

1 Like