Need feedback on blurb

Hi, I’m Rue,

I’m writing a book, and I have the blurb figured out. I need feedback on how to make the blurb better:

When a chapter ends, the best thing to do is start fresh in a new one. That’s Aisling Jones’ motto. Upon getting pregnant from a one-night stand with a close friend and the return of her cancer, Aisling packs her bags and moves to Paris, France. There, Aisling reunites with her childhood best friend, Cherith Meyers.

When Aisling has gotten over the breakup, life throws her a second chance at love. However, as their relationship blossoms, COVID hits, and the two cannot see each other. So, they exchange inspirational texts every day. But every day is a struggle, and the swelling solitude and lack of physical contact threaten to break Aisling and Cherith.

And the longer the pandemic persists, the clearer it becomes to Aisling that she may not survive long enough to see the stay-at-home restrictions lifted, and a choice of where she wants her relationship with Cherith to lead arises. But neither option comes without pain. And this time, there’s no way she can run. This is real life, and real life doesn’t always have the perfect ending.

It sounds like an interesting story :] As for the blurb itself, my feedback is on expanding the amount of context provided.
When Aisling has gotten over the breakup, life throws her a second chance at love. However, as their relationship blossoms, COVID hits, and the two cannot see each other. What breakup? There was none mentioned in the first paragraph. And “the two cannot see each other,” is that referring to Cherith and Aisling? I advise connecting the second paragraph to the first in a clearer way, really outlining the ideas for new readers who don’t have the knowledge you do.

1 Like

Revised it:

When a chapter ends, the best thing to do is start fresh in a new one. That’s Aisling Jones’ motto. Upon getting pregnant from a one-night stand with a close friend, ending things with her boyfriend who cheated on her, and the return of her cancer, Aisling packs her bags and moves to Paris, France. There, Aisling reunites with her childhood best friend, Cherith Meyers.

When Aisling has gotten over the breakup, life throws her a second chance at love, and that is Cherith. However, as their relationship blossoms, COVID hits, and Aisling and Cherith cannot see each other. So, they exchange inspirational texts every day. But every day is a struggle, and the swelling solitude and lack of physical contact threaten to break Aisling and Cherith.

And the longer the pandemic persists, the clearer it becomes to Aisling that she may not survive long enough to see the stay-at-home restrictions lifted, and a choice of where she wants her relationship with Cherith to lead arises. But neither option comes without pain. And this time, there’s no way she can run. This is real life, and real life doesn’t always have the perfect ending.

Any thoughts?

Yes, that’s a lot easier to understand now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.