Nervous yet excited to try something new!

I made a thread like this a while back.
I feel like I want to try it but I am SOO nervous and a scared to do something like this.

I suppose I am still that person who actually care what others think and don’t like wasting people’s time and making them bored. I worry a lot and hold myself back from doing something different.

Anyway, I wanna make a YouTube Channel centered on me writing and writing vlogs. The only problem is that my life is way too boring to even make a vlog. Like I don’t do anything or barely go anywhere since I lack a car and driver’s license. So, what the point of doing that, right? So, I do want to focus on writing and possibly anime/manga. No, I am not reviewing different anime/manga because I suck at things like that.

I know I would need a proper camera and good editing skills because I lack those things.
Is anyone on here a YouTuber or something? Can you give me some friendly advice?

Also, I will ask some type of questions and more.
What do you think? Lend me your thoughts!

And no I am not giving out writing advice because I am not the best person do that. I just…I don’t know want to try something different with my writing and see if I can maintain my focus or something else.

I am still figuring things out! I am a writer, but not truly an author…yet.

4 Likes

I’m not a YouTuber I did try to be when I was younger though. But I’d think this channel might give you some ideas.

3 Likes

Hey, she is in my subscription list! I am already subscribed to her!

2 Likes

So long as you don’t go on rants about how a big publisher is bigoted because they ignore you, I think I would be interested.

2 Likes

Yeah, I won’t be doing that!

3 Likes

You wouldn’t be referring to our fave Youtuber there, would you? :wink: !

3 Likes

Ooooooh! Who’s your fave YouTuber? Inquiring minds want to know…

3 Likes

There’s this Youtuber who goes by the name of Levi and I think he reviews books mostly. Also has a Twitter, and they started Tweeting stuff about how a publisher is bigoted because they ignored them:

3 Likes

Okay…wow.

2 Likes

I don’t know why people act like this.

2 Likes

Entitlement or something else???
Don’t know!

2 Likes

I dunno. I feel that I generate excellent content about Wattpad and writing, but I can’t move it to YouTube or TikTok because I am not a big fan of making videos. I am planning to, just not right now. Once I accumulate at least my series on editing for Watty and have some time to dig through my wall for my mini-book reviews, I might give it a shot. My kid says YouTube over TikTok.

One thing she told me that makes me feel better is that you can now have an animated avatar or something, so that you don’t have to show your real face.

On the other hand, I have no intention to pretend that I am a teenager, because I am who I am.

2 Likes

Possibly. Maybe this could be a video for you?

3 Likes

I would much rather do YouTube over TikTok anyway.
So, I agree with your kid.

I would prefer to show my real face too. I am just a bit nervous that is all.

2 Likes

A video on why people feel the need to act that way? I don’t know…

2 Likes

They have YouTube channels dedicated to watching paint dry. Do what you want.

2 Likes

Oh my god! LOL!

My point is that if this dumb but you want to do it, do it. These things take off of they catch the right audience. If you fear getting it done, what’s the point in that?

But genuinely, there’s not that many really dumb ideas, more like there’s difficulty in market saturation.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

I’m glad you understood that. I’ve had people come out of that thinking I thought their idea was bad.

1 Like