Not Guilty (plot blurb)

This is one of my many noir style concepts. This story idea is called “Not Guilty”. It is a domestic noir / crime drama, and it takes place in the late 40s or early 50s, typical for a noir piece. So far I only have a plot sunmary. Here is a blurb I have created for it. If anyone would like to see the full summary, I’ll gladly PM it.

Blurb

The hour is late, a tired man steps out of his office on a cold, rainy night…it will be his final night on this earth. Silenced forever by the assassin’s bullet. By the time dawn breaks the morning next, Brenda Schroeder’s world has turned completely upside down. Her husband has been murdered, and her lover, the charming Jesse Barnes, is the killer. Now Brenda faces a choice: turn herself and Barnes in, or stand by him and try to evade justice once and for all. Yet her decision is not so simple as it may seem, for while she fears the prospect of life imprisonment, the weight of her conscience will not allow her to be truly free. Furthermore, Barnes hides a dark past of his own, and getting out will not be as easy as was getting in. Ultimately, the path she chooses will determine whether justice is done. But as detective Louis Roland gets closer to uncovering the killer’s true identity, and Barnes’ paranoia increases, her time to make that decision may be running out…

1 Like

Sounds interesting! It doesn’t say why her husband was murdered, though.

1 Like

Thank you. And yeah I purposely excluded that bit since I was just going for the classic blurb style. Don’t give too much away. It’s included in the plot summary though.

1 Like