ONC prompts

They basically said if you win they get to do whatever they want with your story like publish it themselves and you legally can’t do anything about it. And you won’t see a penny in return.

The official rules chapter in ONC.

1 Like

https://forum.wackywriters.com/t/onc-open-novella-contest-2022-is-officially-a-go-pre-game-chat/11434/204?u=steadymylove

1 Like

Well, that’s not good.

1 Like

Nope. Some people are pulling out right before the last round or are doing ONC but not entering. And there’s people who are creating basically a newer version of ONC like what’s mentioned in my previous reply. Although, we’re all still taking the prompts from ONC.

1 Like

I thought that wasn’t there last year…

1 Like

I just looked at it and I am beyond disgusted. This is awful, absolutely awful. I have loved this contest for the three years I participated, and now I am simply flabbergasted. How horrible.

2 Likes

It wasn’t

I’m glad you said something here, though…

Or I never would have known.

I’m dyslexic and block text on screens is nigh unto impossible for me to decipher (thus my message formatting)…

I noped out of that chapter before I made it through the first paragraph…

1 Like

Yeah. And now an ambassador is saying to ignore it and that you don’t actually lose your rights but like it literally says you do.

And if they didn’t actually mean your rights would be taken they would just copy the wattys thing about them being allowed to promote it which is what their trying to say as said by that ambassador.

2 Likes

Yeah I usually ignore the rules as well. But someone pointed it out to me.

The situation has been fixed. The prizes have been removed so the legal stuff is no longer in effect. ONC is back to how it used to be.

1 Like

This one was super popular and a lot of good ideas came from it

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.