#ONC2023

I sat down to work on the next chapter but wasn’t feeling it, so instead I did some research on ghost hunting to figure out how my characters were going to catch these ghosts. I’m still not happy yet as to what I’ve gathered so far. I need some cool ideas. More research needed.

3 Likes

Just one more scene left in Chapter 15… and after that, it’s probably 4 chapters. Wow, the end is in sight! Am so gonna take at least a day or two after I finish it before diving back in!

3 Likes

Yay! The end stretch.

1 Like

I got so excited because I realized I finally hit the 8k mark for round two… until I went back to review my new chapters and realized I’d forgotten to finish one chapter, and two others I have to re-write because the POV/tenses are not in line with the rest. :sob:

So I was like… time to write fanfiction instead. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

The King’s Three Sons ONC2023

Yay for pitting fairy tale against fairytale!

Well, this one one of my more difficult ONCs to figure out what I was doing with it. But it’s up to 10,645 words, and so I’m over the halfway mark.

One more to edit and post and then I’m on the back end of all 7 stories.

Wish me luck.

3 Likes

Good luck!

And @rachelsfloetry fanfiction :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I don’t think I can handle 2 ONCs. My WIP starts calling now that Played by the Mafia is so close to end.

3 Likes

Hey, you should have seen how fast my NaNo last year died. We do what we must and what we can. It is enough art that you can’t always force it.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t want it to die, just want to write it in order with everything else. Then again, just saw Naval’nyj win documentary award at Oscars and I feel that maybe people care.

2 Likes

Ok, done with my fanfiction procrastination (for now). Back to editing/working on my 8k words. (sigh) Trying to motivate myself. :weary: I have Pages read me what I wrote instead of me manually reading everything over and over. It’s def helped at least.

3 Likes

The next chapter is nearly done. New conflict arose. Hehe. Drama. I love the drama.

Few days ago, I revamped the page for the ONC series on my website and it looks great. Inspired by that, I had the “brilliant” idea to change my website’s theme yesterday so for the next few days, I’ll be working on that, trying to get it to a more acceptable state. I don’t know why I do this to myself. On the bright side, I’ve done it enough times that if I ever ended up jobless, I think I could do this for money. The only problem is in how long it takes me. I’m too picky about details.

I don’t know, is this an excuse to not write? :sweat_smile:

I have noticed that I’ve been getting a lot more written on my phone at work recently. These little bursts have been the most I’ve written lately. Maybe it’s because of where in the story I am.

3 Likes

I use ttsreader.com. Better control and options.

But yes, it works wonders to be able to hear it.

2 Likes

I concur! I just use word.

Also, finished chapter 17 of Played by the Mafia, (with, like, only Text2 detours into rewriting first chapter of Champion in Love and drafting/outlining werewolf series and chapter 1)—I am over 30K now, yay!

My mind finally created the process for coping with this year’s ONC and Watty, but it still believes we should be reading on Isabella-Ferdinand because what if werewolves tank and my mafia is still not doing that hot. Text

4 Likes

I’ve been goofing around most all week because of auditory issues. All books are theoretically ready for 2nd round, anyway.

I have missed the ONC 2023? Oh crap…
I was hoping to participate in something this year…

2 Likes

They didn’t force their prompts into genres this time. Made for a wider variety of choices.

Oh! I haven’t been on Wattpad in a while… I’ll check when its due and maybe crank out a short story or something.

I missed the FIRST round! Noooo
But did choose my prompts so I will use them for a story. Because I’m imagining some Sharp Objects / Gone Girl / The Glory type of story… And I’m here for it.

3 Likes

Unofficial are welcome! You might get something good out of it.

Oh that’s kind of you! I’ll work on the story then. See what I can come up with.

1 Like