Pen Name (POLL)

My current pen name is a… western one, with spanish origins. Of course, I don’t originate from anywhere in the west, but I thought it sounded cool when I picked it. Problem is, now I’ve grown, both in identity and acceptance of my origin. I want my pen name to reflect my origin. I like Kira quite a lot. But it’s a huge change and I’m looking for some feedback. So after voting, if you have time, please do take a moment to tell me what you think.

• Valentina Stone
  • Kira Dalvi
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

5 Likes

I’ll add my two cents here, too:

In the end, no matter what the crowd says, it can only be you who chooses your pseudonym, and nobody else. Although it’s helpful to know what others want, it’s still yours to keep or change however you see fit.

5 Likes

Of course. I’m somewhat hesitant, mostly because I’ve already built an identity as Val, and I’d have to start all over again. So just looking for some opinions, just in case something I hadn’t thought of pops up. In the end, I’ll go with what I feel works best.

5 Likes

Maybe you could do a combo of both? (since in my perspective, it seems as if you have attachments to both of the names) :eyes:

3 Likes

hmm… that would be interesting, but will probably clash…

3 Likes

yeah…if you want, ig you can also do initials? (but that won’t really resolve the problem of them clashing…)

3 Likes

I feel like Valentina Stone more easily catches the eye but isn’t really that memorable. It looks like a pen name. Kira Dalvi isn’t as eye-catching but seems much more memorable, which is really important for a pen name.

It’s your call but I would definitely go with Kira Dalvi.

5 Likes

Yeah… the “D” in the last name is sort of important to me, because that’s my irl initial. I originally wanted to keep my irl last name, but it’s too long for the short and sweet Kira, so…

3 Likes

Yeah. Val is a more… common name, and it’s also the kind of name that used to work. With the diversification movement in the literary world, I’m starting to see that having my roots show would be nice. It’s giving me validation, because people like me are being pushed in books, which I’ve always loved. So it’s making me proud of where I come from, and I want my pen name to reflect that…
Kira is probably what I’m going to go with, just not sure if I wanna make that switch on Wattpad.

4 Likes

Everyone who voted / replied, thank you for the input. I’ve decided to go with Kira anyway, just because it feels right currently. That might change later. Will update my Wacky profile soon.

2 Likes

Waittttt
How does K.V. Dalvi / Kira V. Dalvi sound? I think we just got the best option: Kira Dalvi, middle name Val, also known as K. V. Dalvi

2 Likes

I think Kira Dalvi has a better flow to it, especially when spoken aloud.

2 Likes

Yup. So I’m planning on books being Kira Dalvi, and then my identity everywhere else being K. V. Dalvi. Kira V. Dalvi doesn’t flow that well…

1 Like

I dunno why, but Valentina Stone sounds kinda boring to me :rofl: Like it’s somebody from those boring toxic-relationship-centered stories :sweat_smile: Kira Dalvi has a better sound, and it sounds original :wink:

2 Likes

Well… I chose Val purely based off of how it sounded, and in an attempt to make myself feel like one of those YA protags. My ideal has changed, and Kira just… fits.

2 Likes

xD Tbh that was what I was exactly what I was thinking while brainstroming-
Are you a mind reader? :eyes:

2 Likes

Not that I know of. But this isn’t the first time something like this has happened, so… :eyes:

2 Likes

:laughing: btw love ur new pfp~

2 Likes

Thank you! I do too! She’s how I imagine mc in my offsite wip, and she is so amazing.

2 Likes

XD May I ask who that is? :eyes:

2 Likes