Pick a character from your story [Prompt 7: Secondary / supporting character is good support, why?]

I’m gonna keep this active. Try to, that is.

Pick one of your characters. Supporting character, main character, villain, super minor character, animal companion…or that one character you had an idea for but haven’t written their story yet. Anyone is fine.

This post will have different prompts sometimes. You can use the same character or pick a different one each time. Check back for more :wink:

Prompt 1: Greatness

Tell me why they’re so great. What makes them great in your opinion? Why do you like them so much?

Mine:
Penelope, minor supporting character from Their Posthumous Lives duology.

She’s a forward-thinking woman of the 1850s, against slavery, and takes care of a child with a learning disability in an age when people with learning disabilities were seen as insane or not smart. But she doesn’t let the negative things get to her.

She’s able to keep the family together, support her husband (while also scolding him for secretly taking on a new case despite being a retired detective), and love her friends. She’s also a working woman and is involved in a volunteer group helping families with kids like hers.

She’s also really clever and cunning and her husband credits her for some of the mysteries he’s solved in the past. They wouldn’t have been solved without her help.

She might break down behind closed doors, but she’s always there for those who need her most.

I like how she’s tough, strict, and loves really hard. I can imagine her being a leader because she has the kind of personality to move people. If given the chance, she could create a positive movement in her society even at the risk of her life.

Maybe, someday, she’ll get her own story.

Prompt 2: Trouble

Prompt 3: Childish

Prompt 4: Few Friends

Prompt 5: They suck at this

Prompt 6: Bad guy in their eyes?

Prompt 7: Good support because…?

8 Likes

Jorildyn is great because of a HUGE spoiler that revealing now will change things if the story ever gets published.

I am still figuring my other three main/focal characters from the Project Trio.

I shall return later.

2 Likes

I like Hasu because this is her favorite song in English

3 Likes

The mc in the book I’m writing now is great because he’s such a jerk! He’s selfish, thoughtless, and totally devoted to debauchery and self-indulgence. But by the end of the book he makes the ultimate sacrifice and goes to the guillotine in place of his one true love, who actually committed the murder. The mc never stops being a libertine, though, although he might in book 2. I haven’t decided yet.

I also love his sense of humor, although that doesn’t get much play in this book. I think he’ll be a happier person in the next one. (˘ᴗ˘ღ)

3 Likes

I must agree–BK does have better burgers, but I do love McD’s fries. (ღ˘ᴗ˘ღ)

2 Likes

Does your MC like Rock n Roll McDonalds?

1 Like

Alas, my mc lives in the 1700s, when McDonald was just some guy who lived in Scotland. (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes

But if he did have McDonalds’ would he like the food? Or does he have an irrational fear of beef patties?

2 Likes

Oh no, I assume everyone back then would eat beef if they could afford it. And peacock and unicorn and whatever they could shoot. Dudes loved hunting and killing things back then.

2 Likes

Does he have an irrational fear or clowns?

1 Like

What would be considered a clown in the 1700s?

2 Likes

Nope! I don’t think they had clowns as such back then. Only Pierrot and whatnot. He might have an irrational fear of mimes… (♯^.^ღ)

3 Likes

I was just thinking that, but forgot the name.

2 Likes

The Pope

3 Likes

Really?

1 Like

That time period was a difficult and tumultuous time to be a Christian, Protestant or Catholic.

2 Likes

Actually glad to be alive in this century…sorta.

2 Likes

Born too late to explore the world, born too early to explore the universe. Born just in time to explore the world of anime and manga.

3 Likes

Yeah…:smirk:

3 Likes

ooooooooooooooooooooo :eyes:

ooooooh :eyes:

And maybe you’ll find another prompt waiting :grin:

1 Like