Poll: Which title sounds the best?

Hi ~ My name is Deanna. I’m just looking for some feedback pertaining to my Korean fantasy novel that features dragons.

Small Plot Summary: Heeyoung was abandoned to the Kisaeng House at a young age due to a mysterious illness. Taken in the the Matron of the Kisaeng House, it’s revealed that Heeyoung is a dragon, a rare Sapphire dragon and she holds the Jewel of Wishes in her Dragon Soul. To protect Heeyoung, the Matron uses the jewel that until the day a dragon crosses her path, her draconic abilities remain hidden. However, since the Matron isn’t a dragon it doesn’t last and soon Heeyoung discovers she has unique abilties. A group of merchants witness her summoning water and gossip about the water witch of the kisaeng house. Soon the rumors reach the malicious Dragon Queen and she sets about killing Heeyoung.

(Small plot was terrible, I’m sorry lol)

• Sapphire and Scales
  • Sapphire Eyes
  • Scales of Sapphire
  • The Jewel of Sapphire
  • The Dragon’s Jewel
  • The Sapphire’s Jewel
  • The Sapphire Dragon
  • Wings of Sapphire
  • The Legend of Heeyoung
  • The Legend of the Sapphire Dragon
  • Of Jewel and Sapphire
  • The Sapphire Serpent
  • (Insert your suggestion!)

0 voters

Thank you for your help! :heart:

1 Like

Other: Dragon Scales and Sapphires

2 Likes

Sapphire is such a complicated word to both write and say. I would go with Azure Dragon.

1 Like

Azure Dragon sounds kind of cool, tbh. It has a bit of an Eastern Asian vibe…

1 Like

Additional Poll with the word: Azure used instead.

• Azure and Scales
  • The Azure’s Jewel
  • Wings of Azure
  • Of Jewel and Azure
  • The Legend of the Azure Dragon
  • (Insert your own suggestion)

0 voters

The legend of the sapphire dragon sounds epic. I love it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I decided just for fun to look into it but it looks like it’s already being used by the anime/manga One Piece. I might have to forgo that one…

Thank you for your suggestion! :heart::orange_heart:

1 Like

I go for the more basic titles that are easy to digest at a glance, so “Wings of Sapphire/Azure” is most appealing to me.

Some of the other titles could still work if the words are highlighted in interesting ways on the cover.

1 Like

I love ‘The legend of the azure Dragon’ it sounds like an epic tale! I liked some of the other options too it was too hard to choose!

Reading through the options another suggestion came to mind:The Soul of a Dragon (though this is more based on my own personal preference when it comes to making titles so i don’t know if it really fits what you have in mind? )

I agree. Wings of Azure sounds beyond the word amazing, to be honest. Originally, when I had considered Sapphire, Wings of Sapphire sounds rather odd but Wings of Azure sounds much better. :smiley: Thank you for your suggestion! :heart:

I loved ‘The Legend of the Azure Dragon’ too until I discovered it was connected with something already mainstream… I’m not sure if I want to risk copyright! :slight_smile:

1 Like

‘The Soul of a Dragon’ sounds pretty unique, thank you for your suggestion!

1 Like

PLEASE NOTE: THE LEGEND OF THE AZURE DRAGON IS NOW REDACTED. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR THAT ONE! THANK YOU! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.