Polls For Fun

It’s not the name that bothers me, it’s the personality of the character sharing the author’s name. If you want to have a character named Monica who’s a fully fleshed out, real person with flaws, then by all means, do that! Other readers named Monica would love it, for one thing. I just hate it when a character is damn near perfect and so obviously just wishful thinking on the author’s part. For instance, Pride and Prejudice has a saintly character named Jane, whose only flaw is that she thinks too highly of other people. Argh. So much in that book made me gag! Just don’t make your character Monica too saintly and good, and you’ll be fine! ٩(˘◡˘)۶

3 Likes
Have you joined the Wacky Writers Writing Site yet?
  • OMG YES
  • Not yet… but I will now!
  • Nah, not rn (that’s ok!)

0 voters

Wondering what I’m talking about? click here!

6 Likes

Thank you! That’s what I was going for, doing my best to separate myself from Monica so she is a real person with flaws. I hope other Monicas would enjoy that.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know there was a site.

2 Likes

no worries! we literally JUST announced it like… minutes ago? that’s why i made the poll lol

2 Likes

Well now it looks so cool :sob: maybe I’ll join soon when I have a second of non-business (not business, but BUSY-ness) to myself.

2 Likes

ofc no rush lol i feel with the business lol

2 Likes

My name is greatly uncommon.

Summary

It’s Qualeshia

So, to find a character with my name would probably make me feel all sorts of things. However, I myself wouldn’t do that for my own reasons. For other authors to name a character after themselves, to each their own I suppose. Would I read such a story? I would probably find it a tiny bit odd until I get to know the character more.

4 Likes

I’m like “let me finish my book before I start fumbling my butterfingers with a new site!”

Is this place going to be part of it?

2 Likes

yup! this is just the community part

and ikr like i have 3 books i’ve written but i kinda hate them so im here like “here’s a great oppertunity to put something up but i have nothing lol”

1 Like

I’ve got plenty of stuff. Just that I’m testing online stuff with werewolf sometimes-smut before I’m all in…and so I’ve got stuff moldering on the laptop.

2 Likes

yea ofc lol

1 Like

Do you ever just spontaneously write a chapter or an entire story without any planning?
Like just go for it. You don’t care how it will look afterward just want to write all your thoughts down and get it out of the way. BUT this is not an every day thing.

• Yes, I do that sometimes or all the time.
  • No, I got to plan and plot my story always.
  • Other(explain in the comments below).

0 voters

5 Likes

If I didn’t write that way, I’d not write about 80% of my junk?

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

1 Like

You can only eat one of these things for the next week. Choose wisely.

• Pancakes
  • Apples
  • Milkshakes
  • Carrots
  • Sugar cookies
  • Ritz crackers

0 voters

10 Likes

I choose pancakes!

2 Likes

AAAA I’d be getting all sorts of problems whatever I chose XD

I suppose I could experiment with different ways of making pancakes, i wouldn’t have to use any flours that make me feel bad, I could put beans in it for protien, and even fruit.

1 Like

They are made with bananas quite often.
Peanutbutter pancakes are so heavy you eat less of them.
And then they have Atkins friendly pancake mixes, which are protein based (people say they like them better than normal pancakes).

Oh, and waffles use pancake batter.

2 Likes

I usually do at least some planning for novel length works but all of my short stories or flash fiction pieces are done with no plan at all

2 Likes