Post the least Dark Academic Song you know

This person has opened the floodgates and has stated that all music is dark academia music. Or, at least, you can be dark academia despite the music you listen to, despite there being a million playlists all with a specific music genre.

To prove this person’s point, post a very un-DA song.

5 Likes

Aight

Not Dark Academia music at all

1 Like

Video game soundtracks are very not DA

1 Like

Just send them Megaman 1-10 soundtracks!

1 Like

Atheist Viking Metal isn’t DA either

1 Like

My Little Pony theme song?

3 Likes

Also facts.

2 Likes

Any of them will do.

1 Like

Hmm, some people would construe Emily Blunt’s song from the MLP movie to fit the criterion for dark academia.

1 Like

Perhaps…

1 Like

anything by tom macdonald

1 Like

No…I get what they mean. Modern western music owes its soul to classical training of the 1900s and earlier.

For example, Blues and Jazz is what makes early rock possible. Jazz and the Baroque are tied together due to both being improv styles.

Heavy Metal in foriegn languages wouldn’t make it near as big if there wasn’t a long history of multilingual music.

And even worse: EVERYTHING IS PACHEBEL’S CANON.

2 Likes

And you don’t want me to Gilligan’s Isle everything.

Most catchy music fits a base pattern that makes it transferrable to another tune.

Amazing Grace and Joy to the World can be sung to the 60s theme song for a show that wouldn’t make it today.

And not because of racism, but people lost on an island making everything but a boat with coconuts is a little too insane for modern audiences.

1 Like

After Riverdale, I don’t agree.

But if they rebooted Gilligan’s Island, they would try and make it a serious drama.

The theme music wouldn’t survive the change.

1 Like

But our 2 obsessed with “classical music” enough to probably fuss about throwing Baroque and Impressionistic pieces under the term Classical, @stella_vigo and @FourcedowErsert may have different opinions on what would suit the asthetic… or what at least won’t harm it.

It’s kind of a niche argument amongst anyone with “proper music training”. I mean, part of the curriculum in college is to have a modern music class that ties the “proper music” to the “common music”.

Just never heard it in terms of an asthetic, which means LORD, I’m getting old.

2 Likes

My music isn’t white, middle class or pretentious so pretty much anything I listen to :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t worry, you aren’t missing anything more than some nice outfits, pretentious teenagers, and OK books.

Now this is the opposite of Dark Academia!

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m closer to that era and was doing some of it before it was cool. I freaking SANG in Latin, French, German, Spanish, Italian because I was trained to that era in college. That’s the thing: I’ve sung in choir robes, period accurate clothes, I’ve done all this and it wasn’t to look a part. Lmao

1 Like