Quick Question: Which one of these monsters makes horror films so scary, in your opinion?

My opinion is split between humans (AKA serial killers, rapists, molesters, abusers, etc.) and aliens. The xenomorph from Alien is freaky. Oh, and ghosts.

1 Like

Event Horizonā€¦ Just going to leave that one hereā€¦

The shit that goes on in that film is the type of stuff that really freaks me out. The thought of a Spacecraft going to Hell and returning with some sort of Demonic Soulā€¦ F*cked up right there man!

SD

I remember watching that movie.
Space horror is beyond surreal. Like being in a situation where you canā€™t get help or you canā€™t escape somehow.

Stuff of nightmares. Probably why I like Cosmic Horror in some crazy way!

1 Like

For me, it is the best Sci-Fi Horror film stillā€¦ Yeah, there have been others, but itā€™s the way the ship gets into your head that freaks me out, and the ā€œWhat happened to the Crew?ā€ā€¦ Oh, there they are, splashed across the wall and bonded to the ship (Background stuff). Then the whole Demon Soul that the ship has now gainedā€¦ Never mind that they are orbiting Neptune, and space is a terrifying place to be with so much that could go wrongā€¦ Not like you could just walk homeā€¦

SD

1 Like

Yup and that is most fucked up part.
Seriously, space scares and intrigues me at the same time!

The monsters that are being protected/assisted.
So you canā€™t outsmart them because the game is rigged against you and no one tells you the rules.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that what essentially Birdbox is? You see the monster, you become a killer. But it was never revealed what the monster was.

1 Like

The monster is something so alien that it causes people to kill themselves and crazy people to become killers.

Sometimes seeing something isnā€™t always believing?

Itā€™s more of sees statue, cult tries to stop them and then they turn into this weird creature that eats people. They might of said what the creature was but I havenā€™t watched that movie in like 8 or 9 years.

2 Likes

That is interesting.

EDIT: I had to see what the movie is a about and it is just interesting. It came out in 2010.

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely very interestingā€¦ Like investigating disappearances, to creepy bleeding statues, to getting kidnapped by a cult, to escaping and then turning into a monster and eating people. Iā€™m honestly not surprised by the fact that nobody Iā€™ve talked to knows this movie.

Part of me wants to rewatch it but then I also donā€™t because I know Iā€™ll most likely nitpick it as I honestly remember it being a bit of a mess.

1 Like

LOL!

Iā€™ve looked into it and it is pretty crazy from what I read.
Like I donā€™t think I can handle being in a situation like that.

1 Like

I have to watcb the deep dives. Most everyone wants to just dip their toes in.

1 Like