Read my fantasy novel and tell me what you think!

Hello everyone!

I’ve just finished my first round of edits on my first ever novel which I’ve been working on for two years. I’ve spent so much time in my own writing bubble, and I feel like I need some outside opinions. That’s why I would like to ask you, kind people, for some feedback! I’m not asking for beta reading or any type of editing help. I would simply like for you to read through my novel and tell me what you think, what you liked, what you didn’t like, if there are any plotholes, if you would change anything etc!

Here’s some info about the novel:
Genre: high fantasy
Word count: 172k (the book will be split into two parts so that will leave about 96k words for each book)
Blurb: How do you defeat chaos in a world built upon it?

In the world of the 5 realms, mythical beings have long lived in peace. But dark forces are starting to rise again, and the kingdoms are falling to pieces.

At the centre of this chaos are people linked together by the twists of fate. Among them: a Queen, prophesied to help save them all, troubled by the voice in her head; a betrothed man who always does his duty; a young lord who shirks responsibilities but longs for adventure; a knight who will do anything to protect the ones he loves; and a woman who will lose everything in order to find the truth.

Magic, love, corruption, lies, and betrayal. Will they succeed in defeating the darkness? Or are they all doomed to a future of chaos and conflict?

Please let me know if you’re interested! I’d really appreciate your help!

1 Like

Well, I can’t really read through the daunting 172K of text, but your summary is a little on the generic side and could describe a great deal of fantasy. It also seems to lack the protagonist, substituting it for a list of POV characters. Try showing what is so special about your novel in it. After all, it seems to be something you have invested a lot of love and time into :slight_smile: It might make it easier to get someone to want to dip their toes into it.

2 Likes

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback. Im aware that my blurb is in need of some polishing :sweat_smile:. I suppose the thing I find most difficult is that I don’t really have only one protagonist. It is more similar to game of thrones in that regard, so you follow multiple different protagonists (I guess you could say I have 5 main characters in the book). Any tips on how I can handle this when rewriting the summary?

1 Like

Pick the character whose journey leads to most change and reflect it from his experience. Like, in ASOIF, it would be Jon Snow. You could see the whole story, no matter how immense as his human story.

1 Like

Okay! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Hey there,

Your thread looks like it’s better suited to #wacky-classifieds so I’ve gone ahead and moved it there for you.

Cheers,
Mari :coolpineapple:

1 Like

Okay thank you!

1 Like

Is it avaible to read on google documents? If so id be willing to read it and let you know. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.