revival | a fakes shop | closed for now

Hi and welcome to my fakes shop! A fake is a fake graphic request for a book that isn’t actually going to be published / used. This is intended to help me practise my design without the pressure of a real request. I am slowly easing myself back into designing after a hiatus, so this will be non-committal and I am only taking cover requests.

——————————

To request, please use this form:

Title:
Author:
Subtitle: (optional)
Genre:
Short book summary:
Ideas:
Mood and colour scheme:
Anything else:

——————————

As a thank you for taking the time to create a request, I will be offering a small payment for every request you make.

One request = a follow from my Wattpad account (I am @vertigo_moon)

Two requests = a follow and a book of your choice added to my reading list

Three requests = a follow and two books added to my reading list

So please when making requests, let me know your Wattpad username and books you want adding to my reading list (if you make more than one request)

——————————

Thank you for requesting! I will let you know if I accept your request, and post it here when I’m done!

1 Like

Hey there, @Daisy :wave:

Your thread looks like it’s better suited to #artistry-castle:cover-emporium, so I’ve gone ahead and moved it there for you.

~Mari :coolpineapple:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Title: Human
Author: Candy Apple
Subtitle: I am not like you, I am better
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy
Short book summary: Athena is a human born from two werewolves. Life is a pain for her, for her being human and all. But meeting a certain dragon changes her life forever.
Ideas: A girl bathed in red mist. A girl with a sword or a shield.
Mood and colour scheme: red and black
Anything else: nope

username: @CandySweetApple

1 Like

Title: Flight of Kestrel
Author: Cecilia Nguyen
Subtitle: none~
Genre: Fantasy, historical fiction, adventure
Short book summary: Kestrel and Adrian are in the middle of a war against humans and Fae, together with their friends they must try to fight back and end the war once and for all.
Ideas: I would like a foresty background, something magical and whimsical~
For font I would like cursive-ish words, something fantasy covers have
It’s set in the Middle Ages so if you can make it look old if possible?
But if anything else looks good you can do that, you basically have creative freedom:)
Mood and colour scheme: green (for forest background) white for words
Anything else: some inspos, a forest background or if you find anything better you can use that

A font like this?

1 Like

Accepted! I’ll get this done over the weekend. Thank you for requesting!

1 Like

Accepted! I’ll get this done over the weekend. Is your Wattpad username the same as here? Thank you for requesting!

1 Like

Yep, and no problem! Have fun with it:)

1 Like

No problem! Hope this boosts your skills!

2 Likes

@CandySweetApple I’m done with your request! This one was fun to make :))

1 Like

THAT IS SOOOOO COOOL!

1 Like

Thank you!

It was better than I expected, Now I wanna write a book about it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It turned out better than expected too lol, when I started I had no idea where I was going with it

1 Like

Title: Rumor
Author: GG
Genre: Drama, high school/slice of life
Short book summary: In this school people who got rumors about them always ended up badly. The start of the rumors are always unknown. After some suicides people don’t even talk much in school anymore, yet the rumors keep spreading and people who get hurt keep increasing.
Ideas: abstract, words
Mood and colour scheme: light teal, not dark/serious but not easy going mood
Anything else:

Title: His Secrets
Author: GG
Genre: high school, comedy, romance, heartwarming
Short book summary: A girl asked a guy out, and the guy said he’ll accept if she find out his secrets.
Ideas: typography based, abstract
Mood and colour scheme: heartwarming, fun, any warm and/or fun colors combinations
Anything else:

My profile is www.wattpad.com/user/Glasgwyn
I want you to add “Glasig” to your read list
I hope these are fun ideas

1 Like
Accepted! Not sure if I’ll just do one or both requests, it depends how much time I have. Thank you for requesting!
Edit: I’ve followed you, but I can’t seem to find glasig. It’s there on your profile, but when I click it, it says the book has been deleted…

Another edit XD : It’s okay, it’s working now. I added it to my reading list :))

No problem. Just do it if it’s not stressful for you.

Oh lol I almost got heart attack XD

1 Like

Title: Moon Without The Stars
Author: Renee Descartes
Genre: Romance
Short book summary: Young college student Sam has been struck with amnesia but now she’s desperate to find her memories after discovering a note from what may seem a past lover from another world.
Ideas: A vector-like cover perhaps of a girl with her back to the cover and she’s perhaps surrounded by stars and a moon.
Some inspo:

Mood and colour scheme: cool and night-like colors with purples and blues, mood is bittersweet since it’s a sad love story.
Anything else:

Title: The Seraph Aria
Author: Jean-Luc Leclerc
Genre: Romance
Short book summary: The charming Julian Faucheux has been performing in the Garnier Opera as one of the top ballet dancers in France, but his life takes a twist by the appearance of a new opera singer, Renee Bisset . Their lives whisk into a whirl of competitions, jealousy, and perhaps even romance.
Ideas: You can take creative liberty with this one, but something simple and eye-catching will do, maybe an opera stage, or a guy and girl at a party with sexual tension.
Here’s some inspo:

Mood and colour scheme: Sexual tension and elegant, alluring; Nudes and browns and dark colors
Anything else: Good luck on this! I’m also a fellow graphic designer and if you like, I can give you positive critique on your work that could help you improve :slight_smile: If there’s anything blurry about my req, feel free to clarify. My username is Nikki_crystal and I only have one novel up hehe, cheers~

1 Like

Accepted! I might only do the first one I’ve been wanting to do a cover like this for ages but we’ll see how much time I have cause I’d like to do the second as well since it’s really out of my comfort zone. I’ve just followed you and added your book to my reading list. Thanks for requesting!

1 Like

@Seci_Min so uh, here it is. I completely did not follow your ideas at all, I’m sorry xD I just wasn’t feeling it, you know? Anyway, I’m not sure I really like this either. What do you think?

1 Like