Sales

Someone please talk me out of spending $100. Target is doing a buy a book get 50% off another (online only). And tomorrow is prime day (don’t think the items I’m planning on getting are going to be on sale but don’t want to order them until I’m sure they won’t be).

Anyways, the only way anybody’s going to be able to talk me out of spending money is if they tell me why I shouldn’t pick up these four books I’m questioning on picking up. Still sold on four others though. P.s. I’m the type of person who skims or skips smut so if you have insight on the books below and think that I’ll be skimming a lot or won’t like the book without those scenes please let me know.

• People we meet on vacation by Emily Henry
  • The love hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood (I’m 30% of the way in and it’s currently a 5 star).
  • The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (this is the one that I’m 70% sure I’m going to remove)
  • Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch (I’m more sold on this than the others but the only reason I want to get this is because I liked the movie but I heard it’s not the same but I don’t know if that’s in a bad or good way).
1 Like

we’re in a recession and 100$ will get you half a tank of gas.

there, i have talked u out of it /hj

4 Likes

I don’t drive so :eyes:.

1 Like

wild, okay, uh…

groceries have seen a 20% hike in prices too, so, 100$ for food!

2 Likes

Piracy is your friend! Save money don’t pay!

1 Like

Yeah, I go grocery shopping once a month so I’m not worried about that either. Basically, the whole you won’t change my mind unless you can tell me reasons not to buy certain books is the only way I’ll be talked out of spending that much money.

Yeah, I’m not doing that. I use my library if I don’t want to pay.

3 Likes

I’ve heard mixed reviews on this one. Some people think it’s really bland and awful and nothing to do with the title and that they wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Others think it was cute and they really liked it.

Many people recommended this to me. I’m just not interested in stories about glamorous people. Even fictional. I’d watch it if it were a movie, but I don’t feel like indulging a week of time reading it or however long it’ll take me. But so many people have said it was awesome and they would recommend it to anyone. So…you can tell, it’s loved by many.

2 Likes

Can I convince you to read Enter Night?

Do so if you dare

You can’t convince me :stuck_out_tongue: I’m refusing to be enticed by books because of my long TBR.

1 Like

You’ve got a long enough backlog of books on Wattpad. They’ll be sad if you don’t pay them any attention and turn into roaming ghosts which’ll haunt your dreams.

2 Likes

Are you sure you don’t want to read about a weird guy who is still alive?

1 Like

My backlog on Wattpad could be finished in three days. And we’re going to ignore my giant physical tbr as I’m moving somewhere that will most likely result in me not having Wi-Fi for a month or longer so I’ll have nothing better to do.

2 Likes

I actually ended up taking Seven Husbands out of my cart because honestly same. I’ll just add myself to the ridiculously long hold list from my library.

I’ll definitely have to look more into people we meet on vacation. Honestly, the whole reason I was thinking of buying it was because I found beach read by the same author in a thrift store a couple days ago and couldn’t say no to it but found people more enticing. But I should probably wait to see if I even like her writing.

3 Likes

I can convince you!

2 Likes

And I will also annoy you if you do not read them now. You don’t want that :smiley:

@SteadyMyLove

2 Likes

Here are some reading lists you can actually check out, jokes aside:

All for free :flushed: Check them out with an adblocker on Firefox/Chrome and you will be entertained, ad-free for hours! Anyone can check them out btw, but I am putting them here for OP, just incase :wink:

4 Likes

If you read Beach Read by Emily Henry it’s not reflective of her work since I heard it’s her most polarizing title. I’ve read People We Meet on Vacation and Book Lovers by her and I really liked both of them. They’re more so books about character development with romance to the side and People We Meet on Vacation has a mystery aspect to it in terms of how the characters had their friendship break up.

Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is one of my favourite books of all time but it’s a story about a flawed individual living in the spotlight not because she wants to but to survive and she can never relax or be her real self even when she makes it big due to certain aspects. It’s “Great Gatsby” in terms of format except the lgbt+ aspect is way more upfront and it has that Marilyn Monroe/Elizabeth Taylor aesthetic

4 Likes

But at the same time I read all of the Love Hypothesis and despised it so you may have opposite tastes from me

2 Likes