Short Story Critique Swap

Hi all!

I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus for a few months and have just gotten back to wattpad to do a short story and am looking to do a feedback swap! It’s a 4k word short story for the HalloweenVault2021 contest and is a sort of romance about a florist who constantly changes appearence haha. Not sure if any of that made sense but will post the link below and would love to do a through feedback swap with some friendly folk!

The Language of Dying Flowers

3 Likes

That sounds really interesting actually! Are you only looking for short stories to exchange with?

1 Like

I’m down to swap short stories or even a couple chapters of equal length! Will read pretty much any genre but I’m not super in touch with a lot of fandoms so I can’t always offer the most through critique when it comes to fanfiction.

1 Like

I’ve got a 12K short story posted on WW if you’re interested??

https://wackywriters.com/books/paperthinskin14/selene/

(9 chapters is around 4K—chapter lengths are all different)

1 Like

Awesome! Would love to swap! Is there anything in particular you want me to focus on?

2 Likes

I’m starting a new book this week. We can exchange just two chapters since each one has 2k words, if you’d like.

1 Like

I’d really love some feedback on the narrator’s voice and the pacing of the story. Anything you’d like me to focus on for yours?

Fabulouse! Yeah hit me up when you want to swap and I’d love to check it out. What’s the book about?

1 Like

Awesome! I will keep an eye out. Well, for mine I wrote it in a bit of a dash to make the deadling so any opinons on the tone bouncing around too much if that makes sense? Also any glaring errors would be nice as I’m rotten at proofing my own stuff haha

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll read yours later on tonight!!

1 Like

It’s a NA story about college students and friendship!

1 Like

Cool :grinning: Did ya wanna post the link to yours and I’ll check it out between today and tomorrow!

1 Like

Awww I love that <3 Super looking forward to reading it!

1 Like

Sure!!

https://wackywriters.com/books/paperthinskin14/selene/

It’s a queer dystopian fantasy story about a young aspiring military recruit oblivious to the world’s deep-rooted issues.

1 Like

I’m having a bit of trouble accessing it cus it doesn’t wanna seem to accept my login info. Is there another platform it’s posted? You could send it via google docs if that works? Tried the forgot your password thing but it might just take a bit for me to get the email I think

1 Like

I’ve only got it on wacky writers rn, and the Google docs version is just the rough draft. I’m good waiting until the login stuff works out, though!!

Sounds good! Yeah sorry, no email yet but I’ll get back to ya in the morning if it still doesn’t let me sign in!

1 Like

Hey @Alexan629, you want your critique as comments or should I send it to you privately?

1 Like

Hi, I have a very long story but the first two chapters add up to 4k or so. Would you be interested in doing an exchange? I’ll read your short story if you read the first chapter of mine? Here is the link: King Eden - Rowan Carver - Wattpad

1 Like

Hey sorry I only like just figured out how to access the story and just ended up making another account! If you are still up to swap feedback then comments would be great!

1 Like