Show me your favorite fantasy-based gowns, uniforms, and overall attire!

I am going to try doing another thread, but with landscapes in fantasy and science fiction that are your favorites.

Watch out for it, people!

Also, stick with Pinterest OR something else.

2 Likes

Pinterest?

AI generation will do it sometimes.

This is just an AI generation of a female barbarian. Whatā€™s fun about them is that either sex will have this wide-legged stance like their balls are bigger than life . And both sexes are scantily cladā€“in fact the males often wear much less than a female in a modern bikiniā€“jsut this little strip of Halt! Who goes there?! Thankfully, some artists like their clothing a bit more substantial.

We are going to focus on the top of this monstrosity, for a second.

The details are crud because its AI generated. Iā€™m more impressed by the cut.

The bottom of the top goes down to the ribs. Thats a ton of supoort in a 2 piece. The thing is this is supposed to be some sort of excuse for armor, so it looks like itā€™s enameled brass. The brownn
strip would be under-lining leather, ehich has more give than a cbunk of plate.

But even without it being all that: to the ribs, brown strips are an extension of coverage. Itā€™s built a ton like the 1 top I own from Torrid, and that thing is industrial clevage swimwear. It donā€™t budge. I dont fall out. I dont have to wear things to my neck, and my long torso with heavy middle age belly doesnā€™t try to hog the coverage because it aint a 1 piece.

So, yeah, Torrid swimwear.

3 Likes

I lost my OG Pinterest account (that I had for years) with all my outfit boards, but I managed to scrounge together some stuff Iā€™d downloaded as inspiration.

4 Likes

I love it.

The dresses remind me of Princess Yue from The Last Airbender. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We need to make it more socially acceptable to start dressing up in pirate costumes, steam punk outfits, and 1800s-style because these are so beautiful. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always loved the steam punk attire, and Iā€™ve always wanted one of those coats:

And I have something similarā€”

Itā€™s not steam punk or a coat, but it does remind me of something similar, and itā€™s one of my favorite shirts that I wear to work often.

3 Likes

Completely agree!

I have a pirate character in the first act and designing him was so much fun!! Working with the pirate outfits was an absolute blast. If it were more socially acceptable (and, lets be honest, not so expensive) Iā€™d probably dress like a pirate.

1 Like

Steampunk is the way!

1 Like

AHHH I was going for that!

I have a lot of characters who donā€™t wear dresses in day-to-day (they wear uniforms, boo, though I know a few who would love to go all out) but designing my more feminine/nobility characters was so fun because I got to experiment with all these gorgeous dresses, cloaks, etc.

Alessandria, my most feminine character, was so fun to make. Didnā€™t include any pictures here, but she wears a lot of pastel gossamer dresses (with loopy sleeves) with embordered plants, animals, and other such designs. Such a great character.

1 Like

So, you like dresses/gowns befitting of royals and nobles and girl being feminine?

I do love a good elegant ballgown that is floor lengthy, swishes in the wind or when you twirl around, and when you run in that beauty you feel like a princess making her way down the halls of her palaceā€¦HOLY HELL, I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!

Is that weird?

Not at all! I completely agree with you! Itā€™s always been a secret fantasy of mine to attend a ball.

I think femininity should be encouraged more in stories! There is power in feminine characters and femininity that I wish was explored more. Not to say that the alternative is wrong or bad, I would like to see more of both, honestly! A more diverse area, Iā€™d say. There are so many male characters able to fill space and be able to be whoever they are on the page, why women characters are often mistreated and undervalued, limited to specific roles and character concepts that, in turn, limit the types of characters weā€™re able to experience.

1 Like

Since my main character is a druid, I imagine her wearing something similar to these:

Mostly the last one since itā€™s so gorgeous! I legit LOVE nature based outfits!!!

2 Likes

Agreed.

Women can be badass and awesome, but also elegant and ladylike.

Thereā€™s a Lady of War for a reason.

:grin:

Exactly!! Seeing both types on screen, especially if theyā€™re working together instead of against one another (like so many stories tend to do :sob:) would be an absolute treat.

1 Like

Ooh, these are so good looking!

I love the first and third one a bit more, yet the others are still appealing.

The second is if I wanted to feel a bit daring and the fourth is if I want to be laidback and a bit adventurous.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly! Though the last one is totally my favorite! hehe

1 Like

Awesome. It even looks comfy too.
:grin: