So, if I started a YouTube channel... [selfish post]

Let me rephrase: I have a YouTube channel. But I stopped posting for a few years and it’s got nothing to do with reading or writing. I’ve been long contemplating doing a book review type of thing on there only it’ll be spoilery and I’ve been thinking of just talking about the story and the characters.

Because I have thoughts that can’t be contained in a short caption on IG.

I often do this thing in my short IG book reviews where I compare a character in this book to a similar character in another book and say how they are similar. Or I compare plots. Or I compare how well one book portrayed a stuttering character to how another book portrayed a stuttering character.

But that caption space is so limited.

Basically, I want to do BookTube without doing BookTube in the same way that everyone else is doing BookTube. I just want to talk about books without any of the BookTube stuff.

Like a video essay without it being an essay. Just me, talking.

And it won’t be edited because I really can’t be bothered. Maybe when I have more money in the future, I could hire an editor, but for now, I don’t wanna :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic does seem to coincide with @anon39043209 making a channel, but I’ve been thinking about this since before that was brought up.

So, yeah, just wanted to bounce this off you guys. Not trying to look for any early subscribers or anything XD Idk when I’ll get the chance to make a video.

Yes, this is a very selfish post. I just wanted to write this out and say it to someone.

6 Likes

I think it’s a great idea! I’ve noticed most booktubers have become almost identical – right down to the same rainbow shelves and fairy lights – so someone doing something different would be awesome. ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

4 Likes

If you started a youtube channel, I would watch it if it’s like your blog posts with the weird looking cat saying “I’m confusd”

2 Likes

Something in-depth would be great.

2 Likes

If you read a book and gave a three minuet chat of what you liked, and how the story sucked you in… Most would be happy with that.

Sometimes just a blabbering of you findings will suffice… As many can’t be doing with the intense full on review of a book and the “scientific breakdowns of what it took to craft a narrative, which was exceptional in it’s creation and execution of it’s divine delivery upon the audience that it was aimed at.”

Naah! Just give it to me straight and I’d be more interested without the bollocks attached to it!

Otherwise go for it!

SD

2 Likes

What blog posts? :stuck_out_tongue: If it’s blogger, I don’t touch that thing anymore.

1 Like

Thinking of talking about how the character developed throughout the story. A dissection, maybe, but no deep insights unless I feel like it :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t talk about a character for only three minutes XD

2 Likes

But…but…but follow the fox to magical places…

1 Like

Haha :stuck_out_tongue: Well, that phrase lives on here. I haven’t update that place in a while because I’m working on things behind the scenes.

I do quite like the im confus cat though.

1 Like

I say do it. If you want to, of course. :sweat_smile:

BookTube has changed over the years just because many want to find refreshing ways to maintain their channel. But—from what I remember it being—was that it started out in a similar way… just talking about books and their characters, plots, etc. The good, the bad, the ugly. How they compare to others and so on…

Do what you’re interested in. :wink:

3 Likes

Hmm interesting :thinking: So it wasn’t so much about book hauls, huh?

2 Likes

From memory, I have seen some book hauls, but I don’t think they didn’t catch on until a little later than that. A lot of videos I’ve seen, particularly the older ones from some BookTubers, are often chatty review videos.

2 Likes