So, what's going on in your story now? (tell me in three sentences)

Yes!

Luci’s maternal great-grandma is a demon, alongside her mom having to get a surrogate, who was also a demon.

Oh, so she doesn’t know? Gotcha.

1 Like

She finds out eventually

I’m still trying to plan out the next chapter, so here’s the basics…

• Dov begins to teach Freyja how to use the countless words bouncing around her mind (Freyja has a vast multilingual vocabulary, and the communication ability of a four-year-old), and how to control her immense strength by teaching Freyja to shave Dov (a spontaneous idea that occurred to Dov during their teeth brushing).

• A single ornate bed and antique wardrobe is moved into Krista’s room for Freyja, and several rows of Krista’s bookshelf are cleared (donated to the Villa’s library) so Freyja can begin her collection.

• After the girls’ bedtime stories (chosen by Krista to help educate Freyja’s imagination (give her nice things to dream about)) Krista asks Dov to sleep in the girls’ room (she’s fearful Dov’s absence may unsettle Freyja or evoke nightmares), so Freyja falls asleep with an Aussie ex-Commando stretched along the wall beside her (modest protection against bad dreams).

…and, yes, the only way I could summarise the major points of this chapter plan was to use run-on sentences…
(I’m hopeless at writing summaries)

2 Likes

Yes. Hire the wolf assistants, pay them in fae meat. It’s funny to me that something as crazy as trying to assassinate his own father is written like a side note here, like little more than a trip to the grocery store, but it probably makes more sense in context.

Chapter three of Devil’s Rainbow without context:

• Navon arrived at the hospital, where a nurse promptly set him on fire.
  • On the way out, Navon floated a ring of keys in the air in front of his parents, causing his mother to blow up a car, and his father to scream in a foreign language and melt into a puddle on the pavement.
  • His mother fixed the exploded car, drove the family to their favorite diner to celebrate, spent five minutes driving around to find the perfect parking spot, then melted the car.
2 Likes

“Devil’s Rainbow” sounds like a rejected title for Dio’s memoir

So my title sucks, keep it to yourself. I’m just trying to have some damn fun and socialize for once in my life. This is why I’m afraid of publishing my work.

1 Like

I didn’t mean it as an insult, it just made me think of one of the greatest and underrated vocalists in rock history.

Nope :stuck_out_tongue: Not innocent. Not in the least bit.

Yes, yes, a “friend” :smirk:

How long does it take for them to get to Hedge Castle from where they are and how do they get there?

Ooooo :eyes:

Awesome. I have a weird desert in my story, too :stuck_out_tongue: What makes it glow? And what color?

I hear the annoyance XD

Is it understandable that they blame the protagonist? Or are they all jumping to conclusions?

Just this sentence by itself is shocking XD I’m hoping you’re referring to Barry’s body? :stuck_out_tongue:
What’s the name of the town they live in and what season is it now?

I’m crawling over the middle. The middle was painful. Took forever to get over it.

What kind of world is the old lady from? How are the worlds different?

I had never heard of that word before and looked it up. So, one of her parents is a demon?

Sounds to me that the crazed ghosts shouldn’t be trusted :stuck_out_tongue: Where do the crazed ghosts come from and what’s their living area like? What kinds of ghosts are they? Tell me about them, I’m curious.

Is there war and death?

Haha, dads :grin: Sounds like he’s trying to look after his son. What kind of city or town do they live in? What kind of house do they live in? Do they have pets? If not, does either of them want a pet?

I’m guessing it’s about who gets to be the Sovereign? What does the father die of? Also, Solana is a beautiful name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What’s the myths surrounding this beast? Do many believe it exists?

Screaming for mom or screaming at each other?

5 Likes

Weird deserts for the win :joy:

No idea what makes it glow yet (literally just made the landscape), and it’s just the pale white-yellow colour of the sand. I’d assume the glow is because of a certain resident of the desert :eyes:

glares at the Ævum

2 Likes

Who takes who to the orchard and locks who up in the basement? :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, I got confused. What’s in the orchard? Do they living in the countryside? Do they have animals on the land? What’s the current season?

Her immense strength? So, she’s an unusually strong person? Does she know this about herself?

It kind of is like that :stuck_out_tongue: Because of some twisted magick spell, Argenton can’t create emotional attachments to people or things very well. If he has to do something for himself, he will. But now he’s begun to feel things again a little bit thanks to his bff.

She has powers to fix an exploded car? Also, those are some quite chaotic sentences :stuck_out_tongue: Does car-melting and people-melting often happen around Navon and his mother?

1 Like

A gargantuan glow worm, perhaps?

1 Like

Ooooo that’s a good idea! but no XD

1 Like

Seri locked up Ruby in the basement to hide him from his (Seri’s) aunt. To make it up to him, Seri will take him to the orchard.

Fruit trees, wild grapevines, maybe a vegetable patch too?

No, they’re not in the countryside. They live at the edge of a city. This orchard is a community project: maintained by the community for the community. The rule is: take whatever fruit you want but do some gardening first. It runs on an honor system.

I haven’t written the orchard scene yet so I don’t know everything about it yet. All I know is that this will be a cute setting for them to get to know each other.

I have written a wild grapevine scene in the first draft and it was one of my favorites, so I’m looking forward to using snippets of it. But that was taking place in Seri’s garden. For plot reasons, Seri can’t have a garden in this draft, therefore, the community orchard was born.

It’s the start of Fall so there will be apples and grapes. We’ll see what else.

1 Like

Yes! Go deserts! I have a desert too. Its cool factor are natural glass pieces in the sand.

My story has glowing sidewalk which glows because of a phosphorescent crystal coating.

I got the idea from the elephant figurine my mom had. It would absorb light during the day and glow at night like it was magical.

2 Likes

The character Freyja is a prototype hybrid clone. She looks like a ‘typical’ athletic teenage girl but her strength, resilience and endurance are almost equal to Dov’s (an ex-SF combat veteran).

Freyja doesn’t know anything about herself, or the world around her. She awoke two days ago (story time) with no memories or worldly knowledge. A part of Dov’s (and Krista’s) task is to teach Freyja how to live and act as an average fourteen-year-old (her camouflage)…Dov will also teach Freyja how to fight as an Australian Commando (useful self-defence skills)…

Oh, only four characters (plus the clone project team) know Freyja is a clone, and Freyja is not one of them.

1 Like

Sounds fun to live there :wink:

Fall is my favorite season! Maybe they have pears and persimmons?

1 Like

Yasss

Oooo that’s a very cool idea

Oh they’re all right. The protagonist is definitely to blame

2 Likes

Miluwakee. Two-storeys. The son painstakingly rebuilt the ground floor of the house to serve dad’s needs. He lives upstairs. Initially I thought there was a cat, but now they don’t have a cat. Mother took the cat after the divorce.

2 Likes