So, yeah, I've decided to put writing on hold for a bit.

With the way my life is going and the way my mental disorder is greatly affecting me, writing will have to be pushed back until I can sort things out.

I can’t write knowing I have a lingering problem that is left untreated. I just can’t. Piecing everything together, it makes more sense than ever. So, I am not going to write for a while until I am mentally stable enough to tackle writing again.

I will still come here, but I will lessen it as best I can.
I always knew something wasn’t right with me, now it is time to change that.

So, I won’t be writing until I can figure thing out with my mental disorders and more.

It’s either do that or continue to struggle and not know why then blame myself for it.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter what we think…you need to do what’s best for you. Hope you can get a appointment soon! My dad’s been trying to get an appointment for a checkup all week, and they’re completely booked. ( -.-)\(^◡^ )

4 Likes

It is just frustrating that things are starting to make sense.
Like I had an inkling that something wasn’t right, but now it is starting to become clear to me.

I’ve blame myself for so long and for so many things that I just thought it was purely me when it was something deeper.

I feel like a total fool!

2 Likes

Oh nooes, I hope it’s nothing serious! My thoughts and prayers are with you, for what that’s worth these days. ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

2 Likes

It kind of is in a way.

I have bipolar yet there is lingering possibility that I may also have untreated/undiagnosed ADHD with it too.

2 Likes

Awh, I’m sorry… but your health (physical, mental, etc.) is definitely the first priority! Take a break for as long as you need, and I hope everything gets better! :sadhug:

3 Likes

Thank you so much.

I am starting to think that if I come here often, I might get tempted to write and I don’t need that right at this moment.

So, likelihood is that I am taking a break from Wacky Writers too. I would read fiction during my break, but I can’t even do that because of the issue that I have.

So, I have to find something else to do to fill my time. I got anime to watch and manga/webtoons to read. So, there’s that.

So, I definitely need to focus on my mental health more than ever.

3 Likes

Hey, don’t worry about writing right now, it will always be there for you, as will this place. You need to focus on yourself right now, and not what anyone else thinks.

Get the help needed, get things in order, then when you feel ready, get back into what you enjoy… Do it slowly if needed, but do it in steps that you can manage.

You take care, and we will see you here when you feel up to it.

Take care of your self first, please!

SD

2 Likes

I got three options right now:

Option 1: Take time to focus on me and get things out of the way far as phone calls and more.

Option 2: Do number one but also try to get some writing in while take things seriously with making phone calls to people.

Option 3: Create a little writing schedule that is easy follow and something that won’t cause too much hassle either. But more importantly, make sure I make important phone calls next week ASAP.

1 Like

I would suggest leaving all writing aside for now. Focus on you, and the calls that you need to make.

Get yourself mentally well first, focus on small projects at first afterwards, even if it is not writing.

Look after yourself first, everything else will fall into place as you become more able to deal with it.

SD

2 Likes

Thank you. It just feels weird to put writing on a serious hold until I can sort things out.

I mean I know I have to do this, but I really will feel a bit empty without writing something.

sad sigh Such is life…

1 Like

Then write a diary regarding your time during this episode of your life, and it is just an episode. Keep it private, and for your own reflection. It will show you how far you have come when you read it back after some time.

Your still writing, but it is a self help/reflection of where you were, and where you are. And, how to combat any such emotional and mental feelings that may do harm.

SD

2 Likes

Yeah, I knew that was coming. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s got to do with how you treat it. If this is a release for you, then you shouldn’t put it aside, but if it makes everything worse, then it’s got to go even if you want to keep it. Life isn’t as dry-cut as our wants are sacrosanct.

That being said, creation is REALLY driven by what we want to deal with, so our desires are an important aspect.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for saying this.

2 Likes