Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

Ah, okay then. Thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

I am done with chapter 11 of Red Reign, finishing at 2698 words.
I shall do chapter 12 later. Right now, I need a break.

Things are getting juicy in the later chapters. Maybe even too juicy if that makes sense. LOL!

2 Likes

I am back home, and back to work, so next two days are going to be crazy to keep up with NaNo. And, of course, the end of promo for Werewolf week, so my lovely seven days in the spotlight are over. :rofl: was good while it lasted!

6 Likes

I feel like I forgot how to write. I mean I know it’s been a year since I last wrote something but my mind keeps drawing blanks. Even when my story is 90% outlined.

I’m going to take a break for about an hour and see if that helps.

5 Likes

Tbh I was like… Steel Gloxinias? Gloxinias of Steel? Now I’m just making stuff up lol :rofl:

3 Likes

I took a break from writing the last 2 days because I was exhausted, and today tried drawing my OC Lancet. I discovered drawing digitally was my issue. Went back to analog aka pencils on paper, and it made such a difference. Even though my rough sketch isn’t 100% what’s in my head, it’s close. Almost, almost! So I’m happy I found a better way to draw my OCs. :smile:

3 Likes

I figured a way out on how to bulk my story out.

3 Likes

Maybe? Or, like, Poisoned Steel… Steel, Quenched… Quenched Steel… Molten Steel… Poisoned Blossom… lol

2 Likes

Quick Question: Can you be angry at someone for killing and committing terrible crimes yet had no idea that they did it because they were brainwashed into doing or had their minds altered to do the bidding of another? Like after they did it, they have absolutely no recollection of ever even doing it because they are brainwashed into doing the dirty deed against their will? People will end up hating that person for what they did, but it never truly their fault because they were someone’s pawn.

Can you be angry at that person for all the horrible wrongs they did knowing it wasn’t truly their fault?

I ask this because I have a feeling Red Reign is going to go that route.

1 Like

Yes.

It’s not logical, but we are post enlightenment because mankind is not rational.

2 Likes

Im so annoyed… a while ago someone suggested or named a book that had like screenplay (or the like) elements mixed in and i dont remember it!! :sob::sob: I liked what i was reading when i previewed it and didnt even think to bookmark it or write down the name, cause now i want to buy it to get into reading more.

I dont know what thread this was (its most likely closed as its been a while) and i dont even remember WHO recommended this book :sob::sob:

Im distaught…

2 Likes

Did you reply in the thread? :eyes: If you did, you might be able to get it back, but you’ll have to scroll a long way.

Go to your profile on Wacky. Go to Activity. You can filter it by likes or replies. Then keep scrolling down till you find it, and hopefully it’ll show up.

That’s how I managed to find threads from last year that have long closed.

4 Likes

Hmm, I didnt think to do that! I thought I could remember the keywords in the thread name and search by that :sweat_smile:

I do remember replying in the thread, so I should have a better chance at finding it this way. Thank you!

4 Likes

And just like that, I found the book I was looking for

Hallelujah!

5 Likes

cool it took me three hours but I did hit the Nano goal for day 1. But wow it’s going to be hard to keep this up.

4 Likes

I did some math estimations for compensating on free days in another post. I know steady work makes the goal more manageable, but even one day of 3,334 words (doubled) will give you an off day, or give you weekdays of barely making 1K, to still be over goal. Planning compensations may make this less stressful–just depends on how you’re wired.

I have to be in the road most of today, so I doubt I will make goal. It’s going to have to come from somewhere.

4 Likes

Not me wondering if the whole point of writing “The Royalty Games” (title and it’s an actual hunger games type thing in my world) was to get to the games and now wondering if the event needs to be put into book 2.
I’m 14 chapters in and no sight or planning of said Royalty Games yet sigh

5 Likes

You could make it about advertising politics

4 Likes

Happy birthday to you!!!
I just wanted to say that.

4 Likes