Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

I don’t know what keywords to search for, but if you try every hashtag you can think of you might uncover some more diverse tubers. *tries it myself*

2 Likes

Oh my god! That was painful!

I tried the hashtag thing, and it did nothing really. That is truly sad and upsetting to me.

2 Likes

I watched a video a while ago, it was by an Indian woman, not a Black person, but she also pointed out how white authortube and booktube can be. It’s more about aesthetics there, you need to look and act a certain way to gain a following.

2 Likes

Yeah, didn’t work so well for me either. I suspect that YouTubers don’t tag their videos appropriately. All I’ve found so far are these, and you probably know about them already. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

That is even more upsetting.

1 Like

Sending out an SOS!

2 Likes

I am subscribed to Liselle, and I am going to subscribe to Kelley in a bit.

Thank you for this. I would watch study vlogs, but I am no longer in school and there isn’t really a need for studying since I don’t go to school anymore.

Speaking of study vlogs…

1 Like

Guys, is it weird to watch aesthetic study vlogs and study with me videos, when I am no longer in school?

I just like how cozy and calming it is regardless of not being in school anymore. I suppose it is just simply because it is writing in general that gets me relaxed.

So, what are your thoughts on that?

2 Likes

I think I only like classical.

2 Likes

And… yay! I just finished the last chapter with new content for ‘Champion in Love’. The only thing that remains is to edit the final chapter. And that’s it for the first draft. :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Question: Has anyone ever met a genreless reader or writer?

Like this person doesn’t read or write one or two genres, they gravitate towards many and experiment which ones that enjoy, BUT they never choose that one genre that resonates with them. Why? Because they are fond of all genres.

How weird and possibly impossible is that?

2 Likes

Getting burned out from editing Debts to Dead Men. I re-wrote a lot of the first chapters that already existed, and even added new things, but I’m still dragging onward in the beginning. Why’d I write so many chapters? :sob: This story is loooong. :sob:

And now I’m writing a prequel, what kind of masochist am I? :weary:

Anyone else feel like if they just had the drawing skills, it’d be “shorter” to get the story across in pictures than in word form? I’m there. Definitely. (sigh)

4 Likes

I just remember some of my trunk novels that I used to write a very long time ago and that eerily impresses me that I remember that.

Wow.

3 Likes

Guys, draft 1 is done. At just slightly less than 69K words, and in time to give me a breather over this weekend!

5 Likes

You’ve earned it!
:grin:

1 Like

When you strongly want to write a novel or in general, but you need to be completely sure that you are ready to take on that task given the fact that you aren’t mentally ready due to a certain issue that needs to be addressed…

2 Likes

i moved my scheduled writing from right after i get home, to right before i leave for work and even though i’m only getting ~15mins in now, it’s working a lot better.

r.i.p. my before-work dozing, it’s worth the sacrafice though

3 Likes

I found a webtoon comic with a whopping total of 2868 chapters.

I am not even joking.

I knew that webtoons tend to be long, but that is crazy.
Which is funny because there are some long ass manga out there.

I mean the manga One Piece isn’t that long, but Detective Conan and Hajime no Ippo and possibly some others are long.

Probably don’t come close to that webtoon though. LOL!

3 Likes

I am about to pants the hell out of some story and I don’t care about how it comes out. It’s a damn zero draft and I am going to write like I have all the free time in the world (don’t have that much free time since life tends to get in the way.)

Sorry not sorry.

2 Likes

Well, it’s an advantage of writing for yourself.

3 Likes