Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

If comic artist is getting paid roughly $90 per page of their work, exactly how many pages are they doing?

This is a silly question, but I was curious.
I am watching an anime called Bakuman and the characters will be paid 9000 yen per page. I am wondering how many pages they draw in total.

If my math serves me, 9000yen is like roughly $90 last I remember.
I could be wrong. LOL!

If I am wrong, correct me, please.

3 Likes

Browser history? :thinking:

3 Likes

I intend to get back to writing my prequel since I’ve edited my main book the last few times. For now though, having fun trying to make a WattPad book cover for the prequel. Yay! Can’t wait for reviewers, assuming I have any, to tear it all apart. :laughing: The writing, I mean lol, not the book cover. Though who knows these days, flaming book covers might be a thing too on WP. :woman_shrugging:

I have no idea as far as the US dollar to yen conversion. All I know is that animators and probably manga artists are severely underpaid to the point where it’s not even a living wage. :grimacing: Makes me sad. :disappointed:

It also probably depends on what the artists are doing per page. The entire thing from sketch to finish? Artists will have helpers do stuff like backgrounds, inking, speech bubbles etc. :thinking:

1 Like

That is true. Another thing is not all manga artists are paid like the big-name manga artist too…probably.

Someone like Oda has to be loaded in cash at least I hope so.

2 Likes

He’d better be. He’s like the King of anime at this point. I hope he’s rich, and I hope he has helpers that are well paid, and love what they do. I can’t think of any other anime with that many episodes ongoing. :laughing: Love it or hate it, One Piece is hundreds more episodes/chapters than most other long runners lol

1 Like

Exactly. LOL!

Detective Conan has way more episodes last I checked. 1060+ to be exact.

Then there’s an anime called Sazae-san that came out in the 1960s and is STILL ONGOING…probably.

2 Likes

Most manga are published in magazines, and then later in compiled volumes. Are we talking total in terms of days, weeks, months, or years?

1 Like

Not sure. I was slightly in and out with that part, but I heard the money part well enough. Figures.

1 Like

Ah I see

1 Like

Alright, I have a plan and I am frustrated already with my NaNo and I am 3k behind. What do I do? It’s not like I’m not trying.

4 Likes

Normally, I leave the real world out of my stories whenever I write fiction, but that changes now.

I have in total six characters in total who are going to made into Black people. Since I am black myself and want to represent my race, I feel like that is a start.

Red Reign has people of all different skin tones and I do mean all. Like the Alves are a race of deep red skinned people with snow white hair.

That is all nothing else to report.

3 Likes

Idk how but I cranked out…9000 words. It’s 5 am. Goodnight? :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: it’s actually more like 8000 something because I wrote 1000 or so in a previous writing session and didn’t update wordcount.

4 Likes

Ack! Too many R’s!

The Red Ghost: Heretic Renna.
Red Reign: Monster in White.
The Roar of a Lionheart.

What the hell, Qualeshia?! LOL!

3 Likes

You don’t even have an R in your name, or at least your first name.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s funny and strange. I don’t even think R is my favorite alphabet.
thinking What even is my favorite alphabet now that I think about it? :thinking:

1 Like

Q

1 Like

Nah. It might be the letter K or S.
I don’t know.

2 Likes

Keith Scott is your fave name then? :wink:

2 Likes

No. LOL!

2 Likes